Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday morning update...

Normally there's a new muffin recipe here on Monday mornings, but today I'm sharing a peek into why there's not...




My to-do list for today/this week is a wee bit long. Along with the regular tasks of day-to-day life, I'm in charge of the arts & crafts department of our church's usually-annual Evening of the Arts which is happening this Friday, so lots of last-minute emailing going on to get everyone's entry info.

See that box of pineapple? I picked up a box of 10 last week for only a dollar per pineapple; we'll be canning later this morning (thanks, Kim, for the idea!).

The cosmos seedlings on my front porch need to be planted to fill in where all my spring blooms have faded from their glory; hoping to get to this tomorrow or Wednesday.

The muffin? I figured I throw in last week's muffin just for fun -- these are a delicious, low-sugar way to use those over-ripe bananas as well as any of last year's blueberries that might still be hanging out in your freezer. Click on the picture if you'd like check out our recipe. :)

This morning's garden shots...






Not from this morning, but had to share the wild iris Daniel picked for me last week from down in our field...love that young man :)



And just in case you missed it, I posted my beanie pattern (the one I created to go with the In Threes Cardi I knit for our soon-to-be-born granddaughter!!!); click on the picture to check it out. And another post you may have missed is our hummingbird story; again, a quick click of the picture will take you there.



Lots of other exciting, happy, bold changes happening in our lives which I hope to share SOON! Keep us in prayer if you would -- thanks!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. You are going to be quite busy my friend... enjoy it fully :) Keeping busy with homey tasks make my life quite joyful ;D

    Blessings to you Lisa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful, indeed! I just don't know what I'd do if I wasn't busy. Thanks for stopping by, Maria; hope all is well in your corner of the world.

      Blessings, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  2. You have been busy! I envy your pineapples:) You got a real bargain. I paid $3 for our one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did get a great deal on the pineapple -- couldn't pass it up since the kids love it!

      Delete
  3. The pineapples look delicious, Lisa. Oh, how my girls would love to devour them all! ;)
    Praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting, Lisa! Have missed your updates but know you're busy with the goats and other busyness of life. :) Just finished canning the pineapple and eating what didn't make it into jars...so good! Thanks for your prayers; I hope to share soon what's happening 'round here!

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! I've missed you! I've missed bloggyland in general...I could write so many posts if I had the time...we are at Bryan's new, old farm now! Been working like dogs the last 3 days. Hot, dirty work cleaning the old farmhouse (they had 6 indoor/outdoor cats, and though I love cats, that is TOO many in the house...it smells and needed all the carpeting ripped out, window treatments removed, vacuuming from floor to ceiling, then 2 floor washes with Pine Sol, plus baseboard and trim scrubbing with same. All this in prep for painting the entire house inside! I am exhausted and a bit overwhelmed, working on figuring out the best order to do things in. Need to get the painting done before new carpet comes in about 2.5 weeks. It'll sure be lovely when we're through...taking plenty of pictures for when I have before and afters and some time to blog about them! Whatever your upcoming happenings are, I am praying for you, and would love your prayers for our bodies to hold out here in order to accomplish much work :-)
    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori!! Cannot wait to see pictures of your new, old farm! We are planning a road trip this summer and would love to stop by and say hello depending on how far off a major interstate you are located. Email me at happyindolevalley@gmail.com if you would -- it would be so fun to meet in person. :)

      Will be praying over the work to be done and for the Lord's blessings upon each and every detail!! In HIM, ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...