Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tea Leaves & Miss Austen again...
{tending my yarn garden}



This week I'm on to new projects and returning to an unfinished book that has been waiting for my return.  New on the needles is a tea leaves cardigan in a gorgeous mossy green which I'm afraid I'm going to have to start over in a larger size as the neck seems to be too small. Thankfully, I'm not in a hurry to finish this one as my goal is to wear it on the first day of fall. Any of you knit this pattern before? Have any suggestions?

I did finish last week's beanie to go with the In Threes cardigan I knit for grandbaby #1 (two weeks 'til her due date is here!); if you want to take a peek, you can see it on my Ravelry. I'll update the photo once the baby is here and I can get a picture, but for now AnnaLynn's dolly is doing modeling duty. :)  I still haven't finished the second sock of the tiny pair I'm also knitting for the baby, but I think I still have time...

Having finished The Snow Child, I'm back to Pride and Prejudice. What I want to say about The Snow Child is that I loved it; in fact, I read the ending twice "just because." But, having recommended the book, I do have to share that there is an intimate relationship outside the bounds of marriage that might offend some readers; this situation is made right as the story proceeds; in fact the entire story is one of redemption which is why I think it's so good. Hopefully, that tidbit doesn't ruin the story for anyone; just needed to give that caveat for what it's worth.

How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

21 comments:

  1. pride and prejudice...Mister Darcy is one of the masculine most favourite characters of the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Second post this morning I have seen with Pride & Prejudice! Will definitely be starting that up again this afternoon :-) And that green is gorgeous! I am a sucker for green yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that green!!! very nice! I still remember reading P&P... that first line, such a great one; my Mr. Husband and I joke about it (but not in fun of it of course :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shade of green! Austen is on my "need to read" list - I can't believe I have read so much without reading any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea Leaves is on my list. Yours is going to look beautiful in that green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's frustrating when starting a project over again, but it's usually worth it in the end. Looking forward to seeing your tea leaves cardigan finished.

    I'll still read The Snow Child, especially since you write that it's made right as the book goes on. If it was put in their like a Nicholas Sparks book, where sex outside of marriage is romanticized, then I would not read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like an N. Sparks book...

      Delete
  7. Your sweater looks wonderful. I hope you don't have to start again!

    Charis, The Snow Child is excellent, and no, the relationship is not merely for giggles. It is recognized early how wrong it is, and the situation is rectified beautifully. I hope you like the book, I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! I have to not look because I'm about half through the snow child now! I saw the spoiler! Bummer!

    The moss green is lovely. And you can never have enough Austen. I'm reading Emma on my kindle now and enjoy it same as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, Amanda!! I don't think I gave too much away. :) Thanks for the kind words about the green...I'm really into green.

      Delete
  9. Love Pride and Prejudice!! I read it to my daughter in a children's version last year and she loved it too. Maybe its time to try the "real thing". ;0) pretty color for your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, your yarn garden is always so lush... I love the way the beanie turned out, I am going to make one to go with my 'little sister's dress'. It is the just right look. Two more weeks?! Can we believe it? :) :) :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So close, counting the days! Debbie, let me know how the beanie turns out, k?

      Delete
  11. Lovely yarn for the tea leaves cardigan. I also loved The Snow Child and I think I will need to read it again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved that book and I have been pondering a re read of P and P, I could go for some Mr Darcy attitude :) love the green yarn and the lighting in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colour for your cardigan.
    Enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was hot the day I took a picture, so the blinds weren't open all the way and it was just perfect. :)

      Delete
  15. Well, now...Mr. Darcy is popping up everywhere this week. Perhaps my cue to revisit? Last summer was a very Jane Austen Summer for me. Wonderful.

    I really like the green you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mossy green is beautiful! I'm planning a little summer project to wear on the first day of autumn, too. It will help me feel a little closer to my favourite season, I think.
    I have never knitted a tea leaves but I have noticed that a lot of people's finished cardi is too slack on the shoulders so I'm wondering if it's deceptive and that once you get going with the increases it may seem better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I realized that I wasn't accounting for the button band in my thinking it was going to be too small, so I've settled on the size I started with and hope all turns out. If it winds up being too small, I'll just gift it to my daughter. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...