Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tending my yarn garden...



This week's knitting time was focused on finishing a pair of perfect fit newborn socks for a baby shower and working on my tea leaves cardi. I found a great tutorial for the kitchener stitch which is used to neatly close up the toes of the socks; it's linked in my notes on Ravelry. My tea leaves cardi is coming along nicely; I'm finished with the increases and garter rows and have moved on to the easy peasy stockinette portion. In other knitting news, I'm working on a pair of my mitts which my mom requested in black for her birthday (this Friday) and then will set all else aside to finish my adopted baby blanket since (and just in case you missed my announcement) I became a grandma on Saturday!! I posted about it here, if you want to take a look. :)



Still reading Cooked  which I think is going to be one of those slow reads that I pick up from time to time. I'm still reading P&P and making slow progress on my Bible-in-a-year read through. Sounds like all my reading is going rather slowly, and it is. Life is full to the brim right now, so reading time is limited; however, last night I got to "baby sit" for an hour and a half so the son and daughter-in-law could catch up on some much needed sleep -- nothing like reading in bed with a baby in my arms. :)

How about you? What books are you reading? What's growing in your yarn garden? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

PS: We have so much going on this week, but I'll do my best to visit your yarn along posts...thanks for leaving a comment!

11 comments:

  1. I love how you snuck another grandbaby picture in! ;) You know I'm only envious... somehow these last days are starting to get to me. We're ready!

    You are a knitting machine. Just look at that list.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one happy beautiful grandmother :) I loved knitting tea leaves immensely!! Great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a lovely name she has.
    Love the color of your tea leaves cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful baby!!!! love all your knits, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Love the colour of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy these days. After our daughter's birth, I was VERY thankful for both of our parents. The first night I was home from the hospital, I did not sleep; at 4 AM, my mother took my daughter and walked around the block for about an hour, so I could at least close my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I hope you're enjoying this special special time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely knitting as always.
    Sweet little one to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.My.Goodness! Congratulations. Beautiful, beautiful girl. And such a pretty name. A grandma? No, you will never be the same, trust me. :) But that is okay because you have been so richly blessed...you will marvel over this every day, I know.

    So, so happy for you! Oh, and I just love your blog ;) ~paula@weewhimsicals

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to knit a tea leaves cardi one of these days. I love the color of yours!
    Congratulations on your new granddaughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, ladies!! I'm having such a great time getting to know little Lottie! Being a grandma is the best thing and surely a reward from the Lord for all my gray hairs! :) Thanks for your kind words!

    Happy knitting, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...