Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Welcome Charlotte Rose!!










Oh my goodness! Whatever can I say? My heart overflows with joy!!

Charlotte Rose, our first grandbaby, is finally here. :) 

We "moved" into the waiting room early Saturday afternoon (literally, the only thing missing was sleeping bags and pillows...) and just hung out. When the day looked to be slipping away, I silently prayed she would be born before midnight since Saturday was my daughter-in-law's grandfather's 80th birthday! The Lord provided and grandpa became a great grandpa for his 80th -- how cool is that?

Christina's mom and I both knew it was happening when a nurse went in with a mirror, and when we heard that first cry, we just looked at each other. Alice said, "I want to go stand next to the door." I replied, "I'm going to go stand next to the door!" Before we knew it, there were six of us outside the door listening to the sweetest little cries -- hugs and congratulations abounded, and we returned to our seats to wait.

When Jeff came out -- my son who was now a father -- the smile upon his face was one I'll never forget. Oh my -- that my child now had a child! We all were invited in and rejoiced to see the little sweetie we'd all been waiting to meet.

I'm now a grandma, and I don't think I'll ever be the same. :)

Both mom and baby are doing great, and stats for those who will want to know: 7 pds. 2 oz. / 20.5 inches
Blessed is every one who fears the Lord,
Who walks in His ways.
When you eat the labor of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table.
Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the Lord.
The Lord bless you out of Zion,
And may you see the good of Jerusalem
All the days of your life.
Yes, may you see your children’s children.
Peace be upon Israel!

~Psalm 128... A Song of Ascents.
Praising God from Whom all blessings flow!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a blessing! She is beautiful. Praising God with you over the newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...my heart rejoices with you my friend. What blessings! Congratulations to your dear son my friend, May Our Lord continue to pour down great joy to you and yours. She is just darling Lisa... oh my, the eyes got me :) m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thanks for stopping in; I'm enjoying grandmothering and am so thankful the son and his family live with us at this time...so sweet! ~Lisa

      Delete
  3. I can't get over how cute she is! You're a Grandmother! :)

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shara! She IS adorable indeed!

      Delete
  5. She is beautiful! My grandmother was Charlotte a strong faith filled loving woman. Prayers for you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Beth! Thanks for sharing about your grandmother, too. :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful news! Amen! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! She's beautiful. One of the Psalms Drew and I sang out our wedding was Psalm 128, so it has a very special place in our hearts and memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to include: I like her middle name. If we have another girl, her middle name will most likely be Rose. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much!! The name really is lovely and old-fashioned -- I love it! Psalm 128 -- one of my favorites! Blessings, my friend, ~Lisa

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! She is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen!! I'm so enjoying getting to know her. :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats Grandma!!! So happy to hear that all is well. I LOVE her name so beautiful and traditional :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the kind words, Karen! Such a blessing to have the son and his family here with us during this sweet time. :)

      Delete
  10. I know, I can't believe it! The Lord is the most merciful! I am SO SO SO happy for all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you and your mom were able to share our special day with us, Jess! :)

      Delete
  11. What a blessing! To see your children's children! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to see our children's children!! Praise the LORD!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations to all! That beautiful little girl has a lovely name (0ne of my favorites!)

    Love the picture of you and Baby Charlotte - and the one of your son and daughter-in-law: priceless

    blessings for all

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen!! Thank you for visiting and for the kind words, my friend. :)

      Delete
  13. Oh congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! We are enjoying little Charlotte tremendously and holding her lots so mama can catch up on her sleep...such a blessing!

      In HIM, ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  14. Welcome Charlotte Rose and congratulations to the whole family! What lovely news! It's so wonderful that Charlotte Rose was born on her Great-Grandpa's birthday too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family photographs. Many blessings to you all, April x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This brings me tears of joy! I am so unbelievably happy for you!!! LY J.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...