Monday, July 15, 2013

Road Trip -- Day 3

Ok, at least I'm getting in one post per week on this little road trip of ours. :) This here post is going to be photo-less if you can believe it. Just my attempt to pop in and say hello, that we haven't gotten lost or anything like that. :) Actually, we've been having a fabulous time and are currently in Ohio where we've connected with old friends, visited the Creation Museum, and toured the National Museum of the USAF...each a wonderful memory! Lord willing, I'll share some pics tomorrow after a long day of driving from here to Missouri where we'll be visiting Laura and Almonzo Wilders' Rocky Ridge Farm.

As of today we're at the two-week mark of our road trip with one week to go. The kids have read everything they brought with them, so we stopped this afternoon at a local Goodwill store where they each picked out a new book for only $.79 each that will occupy them for at least part of our 9 or so hours in the car tomorrow. Wednesday we'll be visiting the Wilder farm and then doing another long day of driving again on Thursday...destination unknown (sort of; we do know it will be westward!).

And before I sign off, I just have to share the most exciting news! I received an email today from KnitPicks that they've accepted my Cascades Cabled Mitts pattern, so it will be available on their website soon! :) It is currently available on Ravelry if you're interested. Oh, and I'm working on mittens and a beanie to match which I hope to finish soon. Anyone interested in test knitting for me?

Blessings to you all! Looking forward to visiting your blogs soon and catching up!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your pattern being accepted!! Aren't thrift stores wonderful for buying secondhand books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am *SO* excited about your Mitts!!! I would say that I can't believe it, but I totally can, just because they were just -way too good- not to be entered! I'll bet your thrilled! :)
    I can't wait to see you guys. It's been too long, Mrs. Seifert! When you get back we *need* (repeat:need) to have our traditional get together. And catch up. :)
    My new phone is in the mail right now, (long story) but when I get it, let Anna know that I'll call her. :)
    Luvs,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for your pattern being accepted! Congrats! I would love to be selected as one of your test knitters! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be in touch...the beanie is almost finished! Thanks for offering!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your Cascade Cabled Mitts being chosen for the website. It's an attractive small-ish project.
    I saw a photograph of Laura's quaint kitchen. It's yellow. That helped me decide to have a yellow kitchen, too, bright and cheerful.
    Yes, you are on a "fabulous" trip.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, you'd love Laura's kitchen! One of my favorite memories from our trip (we are finally home!). I'll get the name of that yarn shop to you once my bags are unpacked, the garden is tended to, and the laundry is folded and put away. :)

      Delete
  5. Wahoo on your published mitts! ((happy dance)))

    What great memories you all must be making, I am so happy for you all. I can't wait to catch up. Things are going gangbusters here in the garden. I am so sorry I didn't get on here to comment before. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
    Blessings and ((HUGS))

    PS: My mom and brother are coming up in just short of two weeks from now and I will FINALLY get my coconut oil, LOL. I am so looking forward to that. Thank you again for helping me get that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...