Saturday, August 17, 2013

Friday :)

Yesterday was filled with wonderfully ordinary things...



After picking berries on Thursday, the kids and I spent several hours yesterday making jam. We like using Pamona's pectin (we posted about it here) since not a lot of sugar is required. :)  Thursday morning was spent picking berries -- blueberries at a local farm where we go every year (tradition!), raspberries at my sister's since ours just didn't produce much this year (they're new this year), and blackberries from along our favorite local hiking spot. Why I didn't take pictures of berry picking is beyond me...with getting the business started my thoughts have been scattered to say the least. I'm just thankful we went berry picking at all and that we now have 25 jars of delicious jams to fill the pantry with.

The grandbaby was introduced to a binky yesterday...you can see the result in the second third picture. Nuff said. :)

Last evening we parked our lawn chairs at the Rusty Grape Winery in Battle Ground (just about 25 minutes from us) to watch The Wizard of Oz (one of my favorites). It was a beautiful evening with a cool breeze that took the edge off the high humidity we've had the past couple days. Unplugging from all the duty and responsibility that's been calling of late was just what we all needed! And I got enjoy a really nice glass of red while getting in some knitting time, too! Sigh.

Thanks for all the kind, encouraging words about my new beanie pattern the other day! Guess what I was test knitting at the winery last night...that's right, my own pattern (actually, I'm getting started on Christmas presents thanks to inspiration from of a few of you!). :)  What are you up to this weekend?

Counting my blessings,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. I love making jam and seeing it all lined on a shelve once I'm done. My season is a lot earlier than yours as our berries have been gone for months now.
    Oh, how fun to watch the Wizard of Oz outside, it's a favorite here too.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is something satisfying to having shelves lined with jar upon jar of foodstuffs! Today we'll be picking pears at my sister's (the same one where we got the raspberries!) and hope to be canning later this week or early next week. Thanks for visiting, Tracey! :)

      Delete
  2. You had a wonderful time :) grandbaby has grown! m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how she's grown...and growing! She is a petite little thing, much like her beautiful mama. :) So much fun having her here with us for this season! We'll miss her when they get their own place. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! Isn't it wonderful to see all of the jars put by ready for the colder months? So comforting.
    I'm glad you found some time to sit and knit, too :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy indeed! Small respites from routine, like Friday's movie, seem to be just what I need right now! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. yum to the jam! YOu look so beautiful in the photo :) I haven't been to an outdoor cinema viewing for a very long time but I bet it was fun. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you are too kind. Puts a smile on my face, though! Being on the verge of 50 is playing tricks on me... Princess Bride is in two weeks! Another favorite! Hope you're days are filled with all the things you love. :)

      Delete
  5. Look at all that jam! I love going to outdoor movies. Especially when the weather is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In two weeks they'll be showing "The Princess Bride" -- another favorite! Thanks for visiting, Donna! Blessings. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...