Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday: two things...


Two things I request of You (deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches--
Feed me with the food allotted to me; 
Lest I be full and deny You, and say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God.
~Proverbs 30:7-9
Pondering these words this week with a thankful heart for the Lord's constant and generous provision. Living in a land of abundance it's easy to believe the lie that my hands have provided when it is all HIS doing. Yes, I know that it is Dan's labor that earns his wages as much as it is my labor that contributes to the success of our business and our family economy, but what I don't ever want to lose sight of is that even our abilities to work, to craft, and to earn are His provision. How awesome is that!

Thanks for your prayers for our business; it is at times slow, and at times busy. We are learning to live and spend in an entirely different way than we have been accustomed to which is both wonderful and scary all at the same time, but we are happy to be exactly where we are! :)

Blessings,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Be sure to sign up for this week's giveaway -- a copy of the 2014 Time Keeper!

6 comments:

  1. You cannot put a price on happiness! I think it will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen -- I heartily agree!

      Delete
  2. It's all Grace Lisa, and He always provides.
    I do understand the feast or famine, we have been self employed for thirty years, and while our lives have taken several paths that we didn't expect, we are blessed.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey. :) Knowing others are walking this path is a great comfort! We are truly doing well; it is simply such a change in mindset from employed to self-employed. We are blessed, indeed!

      Delete
  3. No it is not easy to step back and say...no it is not me. Without HIM in the midst of it, nothing will really get accomplished. I know how hard it is to live by the rhythms of a self-employed household, but it does teach you perseverance and a great deal of trust in the One that gives us everything! Have a blessed weekend my friend. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, dear Maria! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...