Wednesday, September 4, 2013

mollie makes & still hitchhiking...
{tending my yarn garden}


As you can see, I was able to make some progress on my hitchhiker since I picked it up again two weeks ago! This pattern really is a good one for social knitting since the pattern is comprised of an eight row repeat; the only row you have to watch for is the eighth one so that you can form the jagged edging. Yes, I did wind up having to take out a couple rows after not paying attention (my dad is quite the story teller), but it's all good. Quality knitting time provided by a weekend of quality family time equals a win-win in my book -- even if I did have to do a little frogging. :)

Mollie Makes Christmas  arrived via Amazon earlier this week, and AnnaLynn and I are excited about turning our thoughts toward both Christmas and our upcoming holiday bazaars in November. We were introduced to the Mollie Makes world last year by the daughter-in-law who had included the magazine on her Christmas wishlist. It really is the cutest crafting magazine for those who love all things homemade, and their Christmas book doesn't disappoint as it's filled with all sorts of projects using a variety of materials from paper to fabric to felt and, yes, even yarn!

So how's your yarn garden blooming? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

Happy knitting!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

20 comments:

  1. A social knitting project sounds like something I need here now that school lessons have begun again. You Hitchhiker is really coming along.

    Thanks for the magazine recommendation, I have never heard of it. Our bazaars ar in October so it's a little late for new projects, but there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hitchhiker is a great travel knitting project. It was such a fun knit. I think I may cast on another with some hand spun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your Hitchhiker, great book, too. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hitchhiker is coming along lovely. Finished mine in the week, despite it being a very easy pattern I ended up once or twice having to take a few rows back after forgetting to do the cast off row.
    That book looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Hitchhiker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only recently seen molly makes on the shelves when out. Love your hitchhiker and each row done is one row closer to casting off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shawl pattern. Just looking at it, you know it's fun to knit. I love the color you chose. Perfect for Fall weather. I've heard of that magazine, but I'm honestly worried about picking it up. I know I'll want to do everything in it, and I'm barely able to keep up already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to look out for the latest Mollie Makes now you've mentioned it; not that I need anything else to make before Christmas! Always nice to get inspiration though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pattern so much- I bet it will be a favorite. I'll have to look for that Mollie issue- always so many creative things to make .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shawl is coming along beautifully!

    What kind of projects do the two of you plan to make for your sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shara, we always do soaps, crocheted washcloths and soap cozies along with hats and scarves. Lavender bundles, too. Oh, and vanilla extract that we make. AnnaLynn makes beaded bracelets for the little girls who are always out shopping with their moms and grammas. This year we're adding a few new things with a Christmas theme since both our bazaars are in November this year which is where the book comes in -- we needed some inspiration! I'll share pics and whatever doesn't sell will go on the old Etsy. :)

      Delete
  11. Nice colours for your hitchhiker.
    Mollie sure is full of pretty inspiration.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the lovely green you chose for your Hitchhiker! I'm also Hitchhiking, hoping to be done and wearing it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your hitchhiker is indeed coming along great and looking so soft and bouncy in a lovely single. I too don't mind a little frogging as a result of indulging in some quality family time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Mollie Makes! I was just browsing that the other day at the book store. Lovely! And such a pretty green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hitchhiker. I was just today contemplating a second one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had not heard of the book but now I know I *must* look into it! My girls and I would love it, I am sure. Your project is coming along nicely, I love the green yarn you are using. Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just added Mollie Makes to my Amazon wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a handsome green yarn.
    I have to chuckle because the Man-of-the-House is a story teller and I cannot turn a heel when he is nearby. I've learned to have several knitting projects started one for a social setting, others that take a bit of concentration. But no matter what the project there always seems to be some ripping out and re-knitting on my needles.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I used to always keep cotton yarn for knitting washcloths around for social knitting, but not so much anymore. I might need to keep a skein in my knitting bag just in case. :) Thanks for visiting! ~Lisa :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...