Tuesday, September 24, 2013

tea leaves!! :)
{tending my yarn garden}


Yes, indeed! That, my friends, is my long-lost tea leaves poorly displayed in two photos taken too late in the day for good lighting. :(   I couldn't decide on one image over the other, so I figured I may as well share both as one was just not better than the other. I considered not even sharing a Yarn Along post this week, but the rediscovery of my tea leaves just had to be shared. :)

Have you ever lost a project? How this one ever was lost, I cannot figure out, but now that it is found... I guess it really doesn't matter, now does it? For curious minds, the green blob was discovered in a bag next to the daughter-in-law's chair in the family room. It had been there all along; but, having neglected it for some time, I assumed it was one of her projects!  The real joy to me in finding my tea leaves is that I started it with the intent of finishing it in time to wear on my 50th which is just over a month away. Phew!

You might notice there is no QuickBooks book in my photo this week. :) After several long days of entering transactions, receipts, and trying to figure out into which category each should go, I'm coming up for air and can see the light at the end of the tunnel! From here on out, at least until tax time, my bookkeeping time should be much less consuming, and you know what that means -- more knitting, reading, baking. :)

Current reads include quick peeks into my recent crochet and recipe magazines for inspiration. AnnaLynn discovered a cute pattern for mittens and another one for a kitty collar (seriously). She's planning to get started on Christmas presents. :)   The book Death by Living, is Dan's (gave it to him for his 50th in August). I picked it up this week and could easily put all else aside to spend a day turning its pages. The premise is that our lives are meant to be spent with purpose...
When we race across the wet concrete of time without purpose, without goals, without laughter and love and sacrifice, then we fail in our mortal moment. We race toward our inevitable ends without artistry and without beauty.
What a tragedy it would be to fail in our mortal moment...to race without artistry or beauty.

Speaking of artistry, here's a pic of Daniel wearing one of the gray beanies I was working on last week for my men. I'll type up the pattern and put it Ravelry as soon as I find the time (created with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes onyx heather on #7 circular needles). The husband says this one is too trendy for him, so I'll have to come up with a different pattern for him. Sigh.


So how's your yarn garden blooming? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find Lisa and I can't wait to see photos of you modeling your Tea Leaves. Yes, I have lost a project, along with my favorite needles. The project bag is somewhere in this house, but I just can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see pics of me modeling it, too. :) Looking forward to 50 for so many, many reasons. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know that I've actually lost a project as much as just didn't finish it! It's one of my quirks, starting something and not finishing it. Why is it, I know these things about myself and continue with the same behavior?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just human nature... Sigh. :)

      Delete
  3. Hang in there with Quickbooks :) I am glad you found your project. Sometimes that is all we need...a bit of time with our knitting :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the lost shall be found!......and you are pretty well along on it!!! yay, team!!!

    (a little funny quickbooks story.....years ago, hubby--who hasn't paid a bill in over 40 years--decided to enter stuff in quickbooks. ???? after weeks of entering, he said....do you have any idea how much we spend on groceries a month? I nailed it within about $10....and then he proceeded to do the electric bill quiz, the water bill, etc. well, duh! I pay the bills. Of course I know. So much for quickbooks in our household!!!! Granted, we're down to just a family of 2---so it's really easy. Probably couldn't do it when we had a house full!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hat is absolutely beautiful! Must make one for the OH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found your tea-leaves! The trendy beanie looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're getting the hang of Quickbooks. I hope you're able to find a hat pattern to knit for your husband. Daniel's hat turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding something Dan will like might prove to be difficult. I might just go with a simple ribbed turning to stockinette for him...we'll see. :)

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see the finished sweater...and ummm. Yeah I have lost a project before. 😱

    In fact I just pulled out one that I have no idea what I was making...lol. Right now it is a huge rectangle of stocking net that has been lost, neglected, and forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun! the hat is lovely! glad you can come up for air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you were doing a little dance of joy when you found it. I've lost sewing projects, but that's due to me starting more projects than I finish. Oops! The hat looks really good. Wish I could wear hats. :( I hope you can keep tabs on your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, suffer from start-more-than-I-can-finish-itis. :) Many WIPs and not nearly as many FOs!

      Delete
  11. So glad you found your project. I hate it when I lose something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More so a project gets stuffed into a bag and then into a storage spacebthan actually lost...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My projects get misplaced when they are stored in bags or when I decide to rearrange furniture.
    Lovely you found your project so it can still fulfil its original obligation.
    Enjoy flicking through the magazines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided a little organization is in order this weekend; I've blocked off the entire day this Saturday (and let the rest of the family know they're helping). Who knows what else we'll find that we didn't even know was missing! :)

      Delete
  14. Tea-Leaves is on my list! Seems like so many people are knitting it - glad you found your lost project Lisa. Must feel a little like Christmas come early. That's how I feel when I find a lost project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lost project that you want to finish, the best find ever. I just love that Tea Leaves pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...