Wednesday, October 30, 2013

hitchhiker finis! {tending my yarn garden}








While I didn't finish my tea leaves in time for my birthday, I was able to bind off my hitchhiker yesterday! I'll admit to being a little disappointed in not completing my tea leaves, but I'm happy nonetheless. The jade madtosh I used was a dream to work with and the colorway so much more gorgeous than my camera could capture -- definitely worthy of wearing on one's 50th birthday. :)

I honestly think I'd have finished my tea leaves if I'd not been working on a cute little pumpkin beanie for my granddaughter, Charlotte. She's the cutest thing ever, so when the daughter-in-law asked for a pumpkin beanie, how could I say no?



Reading has been primarily school related; Daniel's humanities course this year is based on Omnibus III which will serve as our guide through literature and history -- we're just finishing the Westminster Confession of Faith this week and will begin reading Of Plymouth Plantation next Monday. The course is a bit ambitious, but it's proving to be a great source of meaningful conversation with my 15 year old which is simply awesome. :)

And if you've read this far, I'd love to give away one of the crocheted flowers pictured above which were worked with the small bit of yarn remaining after binding off my hitchhiker. There was enough for two, so that's one for me and one for one of you in honor of my 50th. Let me know in the comments if you'd like one (and if more than one of you do, I'll have my AnnaLynn pick). :)

So how's your yarn garden blooming? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

   ~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

22 comments:

  1. happy birthday and so glad that your hitchhiker is finished done completed ready to wear away! Lovely of you to share a flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOSH! It is beautiful! I love the color. I would be happy to be included in the pile for AnnaLynn to pick from.

    Have a great day
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It came out beautiful! I am in love with Madtosh and have been having a great time knitting with it. It really is hard to capture the true colors in a photo. And of course, I would just love a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dear Friend...May Our Lord bless you and keep...May He continue to shine His Face upon you and give you His Everlasting Peace!!!

    And yes, a flower would look lovely in the shawl I'll be making for this December. ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I have loved watching that jade work up and it is beautiful. The beanie is so sweet too! And who wouldn't want one of those adorable flowers??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Hitchhiker! I hope you have a lovely birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty green Hitchhiker and darling little pumpkin! Happy Birthday, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Hitchhiker and LOVE the yarn you chose! Can't wait to see your tea leaves.. Been on my wish list for years! Happy Knitting!
    ~via Yarn Along : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The edging on that is so darling. And i love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Love your hitchhiker. I would love one of your fabulous flowers, green is my favorite color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Your hitchhiker is lovely! Beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 50s club. Your hitchhiker is beautiful. I really do like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. happiest of birthdays! Beautiful knits, love that green... very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! The green hitchhiker is lovely! It is such a great pattern, I've made several myself already, and I'm sure there will be more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the birthday was perfect!!! Hitchhiker couldn't be prettier....a great way to celebrate!!! and how smart of you to use up those little bits right away in flower form!! great idea!!! how fun to start a whole garden of flowers!!! oh, I'd love my collection to begin with one of yours!! :) Add me to the pile for that sweetie to pull from!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Hitchhiker is gorgeous!! I am working on one right now and loving it. I need to put it on ravelry and then you could see it. ;o) Happy birthday!!! I hope your 50th year is the best yet and filled with God's richest blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 50th Lisa, it's a great age to be...this year ;) Your Hitchhiker is just beautiful and I love that color green.
    Your granddaughter is adorable and I love her little beanie.
    How sweet of you to offer a flower, I would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hitchhiker is great, I love, love the colour.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! I love your little pumpkin head picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shame you didn't finish your tea leaves but the pumpkin beanie and baby are adorable. Love the finished hitchhiker, such a wonderful color.
    Joyeux Anniversaire.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh your hitchhiker turned out even more beautifully than I imagined it would. I'm taking in the opportunity to drool over that gorgeous green yarn one more time!
    Looking forward to seeing your tea leaves when the time is right xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...