Wednesday, October 2, 2013

progress! {tending my yarn garden}



Progress:  movement forward or toward a place; the process of improving or developing something over a period of time. 

So nice to be making progress on both my green projects. The tea leaves (loving this pattern!) is a few inches past the arm holes and now is simply back and forth stockinette which means quick and easy knitting; my m-tosh hitchhiker is coming along and getting closer and closer to being finished...maybe by next week? We'll see! Today we're driving up to SeaTac airport to pick up the daughter (!!!!!). 3+ hours there and then again back home will provide more opportunity for knitting. Thankfully, both these projects lend themselves well to social knitting. 

I recently purchased some new yarn, and none of it is green -- blue shades in worsted and fingering weights, some wonderfully creamy angora/merino wool (thanks, Hannah!), a couple dk skeins of superwash merino, and an amazing royal purple amongst others... Will be casting on some new things including some fall and winter attire for the grandbaby. :)

I'm halfway through P & P and enjoying my s-l-o-w journey through Miss Austen's wonderful story. I love the dialogue and descriptive manner in which she writes even though I sometimes get lost in a sentence (some are almost half a page long...). We just don't write or talk that way, do we? Improvement? Progress? Hmm. What do you think?

Enjoying the most recent issue of "Mother" and inspired, as always. :)

So how's your yarn garden blooming? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

18 comments:

  1. So good to see progress isn't? No, we don't speak like Miss Austen did in those days, but it is enjoyable to read it and try to emulate :D

    I pray that you have a wonderful visit Lisa... Enjoy, savor and relish every moment with them. Our Lord is so good to bless you this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers, Maria. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for all of you Lisa. Have a safe drive and many wonderful hugs from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful visit with your daughter! So very exciting :-)
    Enjoy the car knitting. I'm jealous. I'm always the driver so I never get to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna; I don't always get to do car knitting, but when I do get the opportunity, I love it! :)

      Delete
  4. Progress feels amazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. family time!!! have a great visit!!! and yes, I've been out in my yarn-garden....doing some serious weeding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of today the sun has appeared after many days of rain, so I'm hoping to get outdoors and do some garden clean up myself. :)

      Delete
  6. I always wonder if they REALLY spoke like that - in the long sentences, I mean. These days I don't have time to finish a short sentence without being interrupted by little voices, much less a half-page-long thought!

    I love Mother Earth News and our subscription just ended... I really wish we had the money to subscribe again immediately because it always inspires.

    And as always, your projects are just beautiful. You've made me start Itching to get out my needles right now instead of going to do the dishes and dole out a spanking for a disobedient two year old! But obviously knitting would be infinitely preferable to either of those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. knitting...infinitely preferable, but the dishes and the spankings are infinitely more valuable...enjoying the gift of the mundane has been a key to contentment and joy for me. :) You are investing your time so wisely, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  7. what beautiful yarn! Yay!!! happy knitting and seeing your daughter! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and all the car knitting time! Tea Leaves is lovely and I still really love your green Hitchhiker. Hooray for progress and time with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 teeth on the hitchhiker and counting. :)

      Delete
  9. I don't imagine they did speak I such long sentences in Jane Austen's time well maybe the men did but the women would have only really spoken to each other. When I read her I imagine that it is her thoughts coming down on paper, thoughts that she would like to have spoken but did not have the opportunity too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thoughts onto paper; I hadn't thought of that. Reading a little last evening before bed I had this idea in mind and could totally see that. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. It's great when projects lend themselves to social knitting. Enjoy your visit with you daughter. Is this the one who lives in England?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same daughter only they now reside in Munich, Germany. Her husband is anticipating finishing his PhD next spring, so they will have to return to Oxford then to defend his thesis. So exciting! :) We're trying to figure out a way to travel there to visit before they wrap things up there and return here to the states.

      PS: So very excited for you!! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...