Thursday, November 21, 2013

busy with business & yarn & life...

Another week, more knitting, and more life lived. After realizing yesterday (Wednesday) that it was Yarn Along day, I snapped this picture of my tea leaves during Daniel's and my final chapter of Of Plymouth Plantation.  I've since picked up and knit several rows of sleeve stitches (during Daniel's piano lesson late yesterday afternoon -- 45 minutes of knitting time -- aaahhhhh!). Trying to figure out which of my projects to complete has me jumping from one to the other, so each is getting a bit of attention and time as life permits.

The business is keeping me busy. Work has been fairly steady for my man which means that Quickbooks has had much of my attention, which is good. Schooling the kids takes another big chunk of my time, but I love home-learning. :) Trying to keep all the plates spinning, trying to keep up with the tyranny of the urgent, and realizing that what I really need is fewer plates...
Simplify
Looking forward to Thanksgiving which we're hosting this year as we usually do. The menu is planned and all that's left to do is go buy a turkey. Next week will be filled with baking and the house will smell wonderful. My youngest sister has moved back to town, so this could be the first Thanksgiving in years that all my siblings will feast together if everyone is able to make it...blended families sometimes get in the way of that, and all the cousins have grown up (other than my two youngest) which means they're all pulled in different directions. All I can say is that I'm hoping everyone can make it, but we'll have a great time no matter what -- so much to be thankful for! 

Ok. There. Once again, I'm all caught up. :)  I'm hoping to post the recipe for the rolls I recently shared (baking some today to go with a nummy stew -- it's cold outside!) this weekend since several of you requested it. These will be a new addition to our Thanksgiving menu this year.

So how's your yarn garden blooming? What's new in your world? What are your Thanksgiving plans? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are busy, but a good busy. That is awesome! I still have lots to do before the holiday next week. An unexpected trip to NY for my uncles funeral this weekend is leaving me less time but it will all come together I'm sure. So happy that all your siblings will be together for the holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sounds wonderfully busy Lisa, we are all so blessed.
    How nice to have all your siblings together. We will be heading to my Mother in laws for Thanksgiving, most of my husband's maternal side is here. I am headed to Va. in a few weeks and will get to visit with both my sisters, and I am just a little excited. I miss my family being closer.
    I am looking forward to seeing your roll recipe. We always make rolls from my husband's grandmother's recipe book, they are so good.
    Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope everyone can make it! We all get together at Thanksgiving and it serves as our Christmas celebration, then everyone can be with their own families. Now that the children are adult children I'm sure it will get a little crazier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy! would love to see that recipe! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All our children, spouses and grandchildren will be here for Thanksgiving (over the river and through the woods). Our table will have leaves-a-plenty. My daughters will bring some dishes of food. I'm making the stuffing at their request. It's become a signature "mom" dish. In Pennsylvania Dutch Country stuffing is called "filling." Other places I've lived it is called "dressing."

    Your knitting always interests me. I'm making - a pullover in a November brown color - with only a sleeve and a half to go. His brother's check vest was finished in the summer - yeah.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life does get quite busy during this time. Take some time to breathe deeply my friend and to truly be present during the preparations :-) be blessed. m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you all manage to get together - that would be wonderful!
    I have a cranberry glaze recipe that I'm really excited about for Thanksgiving this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...