Wednesday, November 13, 2013

one week later...









Not quite sure just where the last week went. An entire week gone by and not a single post here. Time seems to fly by and I think that, like many of you surely do, I don't want to miss the little moments. Nor do I want to neglect to chronicle them which is just one of the reasons I enjoy this blogging thing. That said, please pardon this yarn-along-catching-up-random-happenings-rambling post. Thank you. :)

I've still got the same project on my needles, and I'm still enjoying Little House in the Big Woods. Daniel and I discovered an online audio version for Of Plymouth Plantation which is making this one so much more enjoyable (although I have to add that the reader, bless his heart, sounds an awful lot like Doug the dog from the movie "Up"). We listen to several chapters each afternoon while I knit or crochet and Daniel doodles. He's into science these days and has been drawing atoms and reactions and other things I don't understand...

Chocolate. This bar was a birthday gift from Jess & Zack (the ones in Germany), and it is amazing. Thank you, J & Z! It's smooth, it's creamy, it's rich, and it has almonds and hazelnuts. I don't think I've tasted a better bar -- ever. Please send me more...

Beeswax Advent candles are just one of the crafts we made for our bazaars this month. AnnaLynn and I have them listed on our Etsy if you'd like a set. :)

We tried a new recipe for focaccia rolls that was amazing. I'll have to look up the recipe and add a link here later. They're definitely worth the time.

The baby has spent the past her entire life listening to Daniel and AnnaLynn daily play the piano, and the other night it was her turn to give it a try. You really had to be there! We did get her on video -- giggles and all. :) 

Carrots? We spent Monday, which turned out to be a cool, crisp, sunny day here, outdoors closing our vegetable gardens as well as cleaning up our front-porch flower beds. I didn't do a very good job of journaling our garden this year, but for the record, Monday's carrot harvest yielded 34 pounds. These we grew in the same raised bed along side our tomatoes which were also quite prolific. Companion gardening is my friend.

The spider? Let's just say that yesterday morning it dropped down in the wrong place. I. don't. like. spiders. They are fine outdoors, but right in front of my face while I'm typing? No, thank you.

Ok. There. I'm all caught up. :) 

So how's your yarn garden blooming? What's new in your world? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. I just bought a set of candles - I love them! I'm getting excited for Advent this year. The baby at the piano is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna!! Will send them along with your flower. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures of your week! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. icky spider ;/ Glad you are having a nice week, I have been saving, well okay, hoarding some precious chocolate bars that I might need to break into this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ICKY!

      Do it, Karen. Just open one package and take a square...so worth it!

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about spiders, argh!
    Your chocolate looks so good. When my sister was living in Belgium she use to send the best candy, I miss those days.
    Great harvest on the carrots, we didn't get the first carrot this year, each time we planted the rains came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about the rain... it's a blessing and sometimes not so much, right?

      Delete
  5. Glad you liked the chocolate and will most definitely make sure to send more! I just love the picture of Charlotte at the piano and still cannot get over how many carrots you harvested!!

    Love you,
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be waiting by my mailbox for that package... ha! xo

      Delete
  6. do put that roll recipe up!!! :) :)

    So good to hear all about your week. Wonderful about carrots and your garden. So cute about the baby.

    Blessings on your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have my daughter type up the recipe, so Lord willing, it'll post next week. :) Thanks for visiting, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  7. Spiders=YUCK!! Of course this is coming from the person who read Charlotte's Web to her daughter.

    Your granddaughter is getting bigger by the day.

    Please post the roll recipe. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Charlotte was a good spider...she lived in a barn! :)

      Delete
    2. Agreed, spiders are fine as long as they know their place-outside!!

      Delete
  8. Oh, that wonderful picture of ....carrots! My goodness, that is a great picture. I like the baby too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...