Thursday, November 7, 2013

tending my yarn garden...





I'm a day late and don't have a lot of time, but thought I'd share what's on my needles anyway. AnnaLynn and I have two holiday bazaars this year; the first was last Saturday and the second is the Saturday after Thanksgiving at the end of November -- glad there are four weeks in-between! Lots of crocheted washcloths and soap cozies being made as well as crocheted beanies for the sale. We did well at bazaar #1 and hope to do even better at #2. If you're local and planning to attend the Prairie High School bazaar on November 30th, be sure to find us in the main gym and say hello!

Current knits include my tea leaves which is slowly, row by row, growing and a new beanie pattern that will include matching fingerless mitts. Current reading is historical -- I'm enjoying knitting while Daniel reads aloud to me from Of Plymouth Plantation. The Wilder book is my easy (way easy) reading. The copy pictured above is part of a set my dad gave to my sisters and me when we were just girls (see the price? only $1.50!).

So how's your yarn garden blooming? Looks like there's no Yarn Along this week; but I think Ginny has a great excuse - in fact, the best excuse ever!! :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

14 comments:

  1. how lovely! There is something wonderful about a hand made wash cloth that I just love! :) such lovely items you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so pretty. Right now, I am still trying to finish the curtain from the dark side :-D It is taking me so long to crochet this kitchen curtain... my goodness! m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You inspire me, Maria. Can't wait to see pics of that curtain adorning your kitchen window. :)

      Delete
  3. My knitting is chugging along, I finished a holiday knit hat (phew) and I'm whizzing through my sweater that I wish to wear for Thanksgiving. Lovely pictures today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My knitting is coming along. It has been slow recently since I've been suffering with headaches and try to close my eyes often. Thankfully, I was able to finish my niece's pilot cap tonight.

    Hope your holiday bazaars go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the headaches...hard to knit with eyes closed. :(

      Delete
  5. Beautiful projects! Good luck at the next bazaar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. two more pairs of socks....and the holiday knitting will be done here!!! Yahooooo!! (I THINK it will be done!) Loving the colors together on the hat photo...yummmy! And a very happy (albeit belated) birthday!!! Hope it was a humdinger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your knitting and reading. My knitting and crocheting definitely go better as the weekend went along. I still have many of my old books too. I have got to read the Little House books someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! I loved selling at holiday bizarres. Sadly I don't have enough time to make stuff anymore like I used to. There's nothing like a hand knit gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the bazaar! All of the things you're making look fabulous.
    I constantly have a Laura Ingalls Wilder book on the go for easy reading. Simpler times - so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, your yarn garden is beautiful this week! I didn't get to post this week as we were all sick with the stomach flu and then had out of town guests... but I missed getting around to see everyone's blog!
    I am nearly finished reading Big Woods with my nearly-four year old and she loves it! I am halfway through reading Little House on the Prairie on my own and will be reading it to her next, I think. I am also reading a set that has been mine since I was a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...