Friday, December 13, 2013

decking the halls...



Tree? Check.
Nativity? Check.
Gingerbread house? Check
Snow? Check!

Advent festivities are in full swing! The halls have been decked both inside and out...how kind of the Lord to send just a touch of snow. The first Christmas cards have arrived in our mailbox, chocolate has arrived in our mailbox (thanks, Jess!), and tonight we go see The Hobbit.

No knitting pictures this week as much of what I'm working on is being gifted. My tea leaves is just about finished (just waiting for buttons to arrive!). I'll be picking up a few final gifts this afternoon while Dan and the kids are waiting in line at the theater and then will join then with my knitting until they let us in to find seats. The kids are so excited and wish we could have gone the midnight showing last night...maybe next year. I'm getting too old for that sort of thing, but going to a midnight showing seems to be a must-do sort of thing. :)

Hoping your days are merry and bright!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. I would love to do those midnight shows too but I must admit I am too old! Sigh...
    Your house looks lovely. I am hoping to get ours in some sort of order this weekend. I love your gingerbread house. My daughter and I used to do them but nobody would eat them afterwards! Enjoy the movie tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been too old for midnight showing since I was a young one :) loved seeing your decorations and preparations that are in full swing. Have fun with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun time you are having! love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely virtual visit I have had! Absolutely delightful! Have a very blessed Christmas ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty and festive :D) m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! I so enjoyed this little visit...the photos are just beautiful, and I love the touch of snow! Bryan and I had the farmhouse cleaned up nicely for about two days, and today we tore apart the main floor bathroom in order to paint it, so now things are in disarray, AGAIN. I wish I could just relax and enjoy calm and quiet with twinkling lights, but it's not to be, at least not yet. But the "scale" of this Christmas has come way down compared to my usual hectic pace, so that's a blessing! Of necessity, I'm doing very little in the way of festivities :-) Back to your post...that baby in the lights is GORGEOUS!!! What a precious little package :-D You must be loving it!
    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowflakes on the car window are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...