Saturday, December 28, 2013

organizing, resting, and just because I'm thankful...

I woke early this morning and began list making to clear my mind and organize my thoughts as to what I hope to accomplish before we start back to lessons on the 6th...
  • look through Christmas photos (and share some here)
  • take down the decorations and do a deep cleaning afterward
  • lesson plan
  • organize my yarn and other crafty things
  • look into advertising options for the business
  • catch up on bookkeeping
  • make a list of goals for 2014 (homestead, education, business, spiritual, personal)
Company arrived from Seattle on Christmas and they'll be with us through Sunday, so we've enjoyed lots of feasting, laughter, conversation, and us gals have been busy knitting/crocheting all the while. Yesterday Jeff told us we were too industrious, but we told him it was rest. :)  If you want a peek at what I've been up to yarn wise (and to get a peek at my tea leaves which has yet to be properly photographed), you can click on over to my Ravelry page.

These photos were all taken in November, and I sort of forgot about them until I found them in my draft posts this morning...posting just for me 'cause I'm thankful. :)



Daughter-in-law, free ranging hens, deer in the front lawn, sunrise over Dole Valley, son, granddaughter. Is this really my life? Pinching myself...    :)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Counting my blessings and thankful for each...how about you?

See you back here soonish,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. Precious...isn't it? m.b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precious, indeed! Maria, being a G'ma is simply the best! Sometimes I am overwhelmed at the goodness of the Lord towards me. :)

      Delete
  2. Your granddaughter is so beautiful Lisa! I could just squeeze her. I'm going to be looking back at the 2013 goals this weekend and see what I want to work on for 2014. I love the fresh start of a new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will give Lottie a squeeze for you. :)

      Delete
  3. Love reading about your blessed life....I feel just the same way about our lives over here in southwest Virginia! I visited your Ravelry page, and I just downloaded your 1-2-3- baby cap. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I'm reworking the 6-12 mo. size; actually just need to type up my notes & edit the pattern PDF. I'll do a blog post when it's up. Thanks for visiting and your kind words. :) Your life at Tinker Creek is blessed, indeed! Happy new year, my friend! ~Lisa :)

      Delete
  4. I am jealous that you took the decorations down. I have to wait until the first, family requesting and I can't say no. But just you wait, I'm all itchy to start at the crack of dawn :) Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Karen! I wish we had the décor put away -- there would be a mutiny if I touched a single thing before the first. I just want it all put away before we start lessons on the 6th. We often leave everything up until then (Epiphany), but this year it's all being boxed up on the 1st which was a compromise we could all live with. I'll be up three hours after you (west coast time) and will get started right after breakfast. :) Happy new year to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. Amen-Amen-Amen!!! What a blessed life you and I live...we have our oldest son getting married in April to the dearest young woman...the rest of us are growing in the Lord and trusting Him for everything! I
    just stopping in to give a warm greeting and wish you a "Happy New Year", friend! I greatly value your insights and like-mindedness.
    I have given a lot of thought as to how I will use my time this year, and I will be cutting way back on visiting blogs. BUT, I thought I would share this: if you find a moment to bless me with a visit and a comment, I will do my best to always return the favor. I desire to go deeper, not broader, and I thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Jacqueline! What a blessing it is to have gotten to know you through blogging! I trust your decision to pull back a bit from posting will benefit your family as you walk in HIS ways; following nudges from the Holy Spirit will never steer your wrong. :) I look forward to keeping up with you through your blog and always appreciate your visits here, my friend. :) ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. Charlotte is a CUTIE PIE! So happy for you all. Have a wonderful New Year, many blessings to you too! Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...