Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tending my yarn garden...



Not much new to share this week as I'm still plugging away on baby socks when I have a free moment. I think the worst of my tax season bookkeeping is over; we'll see what my accountant has to say about that when I meet with her this afternoon... What I've learned is that there was so much I didn't know I was supposed to be doing, so I spent the past many days playing catch up, but I think (fingers crossed!) I'm caught up. Lord willing, now that I know what I'm supposed to be doing, things should go much smoother next year at this time (again, fingers crossed and praying...).

I just have to share about The Early Morning Revival Challenge by Sharon White. It's not so much a book to read but rather serves as a brief guide through 90 days of Psalm and Proverb reading along with prayer and journaling. Spending just 20 minutes each morning by my woodstove in the dark quiet before anyone else is up and about has truly been a balm to my hectic days of shuffling papers and QuickBooks entries. And the journaling? A habit I fade in and out of has become a time of written prayers based on the Psalm or Proverb read that morning which is quite different than the way I ordinarily journal.

On another note...



I was hoping to post that potato recipe I promised and hope to do that now that my desk is tidy and my paperwork is all filed away. :)  Oh my life, I will be so glad to have you back!! I've been swimming in a sea of bookkeeping and I'm so thankful the shore is in sight! My poor, neglected knitting projects will no longer be orphans. Those blog posts sitting in my draft file (recipes!) will finally be shared. My garden will get some much-needed attention and planning. And most importantly, my children will get their momma back. :)

So how's your yarn garden blooming? What's new in your world? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

9 comments:

  1. One thing this winter has taught me is that I need to make more wool socks. I foresee socks, and socks, and socks in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can slow down soon and I love your cutesy socks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to be through with taxes too, but I'm sure ours are much easier than yours. Your socks are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just think at how easy next tax season will be :) That's the silver lining. I have a system for what works with us for taxes. My husband does a private practice and various other additional jobs besides his "real" job. I'm sure your stuff is more complicated since you are 100% self employed. Hang in there!!

    Love the wee little socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend...next year, you will be a pro :0) m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get your tax sorted soon.....

    Love the wee socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried doing our original taxes, personal and business and I gave that up real quick! I do daily entries, and leave it to my accountant to figure out along the way. Way too many things to know, throw in yearly changes and my overall frustration with the amount of paperwork the govt wants us to provide, the money for my accountant is well spent. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read through some of your old posts to try and catch up. Lottie is... amazing! What a beauty. Is this not what it's all about? I'm loving every minute of it! :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That book is going on my 'wish list', and your potato dish looks oh-so-DELISH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...