Saturday, February 1, 2014

weekend update
{2014 #2}

However many blessings we expect from God,
His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts.

~John Calvin

Daffodils. This time of year they are unavoidable as one walks into the grocery market, and my trip to Trader Joe's this week was no exception. Cute tin, huh? Called out and demanded to be brought home, and I'm glad I did. Although we've been blessed with sunshine for much of December and January, the dark days of winter are always a little gloomy. I guess that's why the good Lord gave us daffodils. They are so cheery! I swapped out my salt and pepper shakers to complete the ready-for-spring-time-look my daffodils demanded and smile every time I see them (a gift from Dan long ago).
Speaking of Dan, that's him sipping coffee by the fire. It's not often that he's home during the daylight hours of morning as he's usually off to his first job or to pick up materials before the sun is up...I love this shot. :)

Lottie...


Bulbs are up...a reminder that spring is right around the corner!


Lavender and catnip...I saw one of our mousers digging here and discovered why. :)


Anna captured this one without me knowing it...


The rains returned this week, thank God! Ordinarily, we'd be praying for a couple days of sunshine this time of year -- we do live in a rainforest, after all. Other blessings included the wrap up of my tax-season paperwork gathering and bookkeeping! Oh-my-goodness! I cannot tell you what a relief that is! A burden lifted, indeed. :)

And, although the stomach flu finally made it's way to our home this week (our church community has been hit rather hard this winter), Daniel was the only one who really got sick. The rest of us have generally felt tired and have worried which of us would drop next leading us to mostly hunker down for the week hoping and praying we'd be spared. So far, so good. We've decided that if no one goes down today that we'll go to church tomorrow since most everyone there has already had it.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Counting my blessings and thankful for each one...how about you? What are you thankful for?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

Joining Gratituesday...

7 comments:

  1. that is a lovely and cheery tin and flowers! Love that picture very much. Glad for all the good things in your life; hope that the sickness goes away soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy someone wearing knit wear while driving!! Glad no one else got sick. I am amazed you have spring bulbs sprouting!! It's a balmy 40 degrees today and we've taken a walk with lighter coats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been raining here on and off all day, but we've warmed to the 50's so it's nice.
    I love that photo of Lottie...priceless.
    Thank you for your comment today, it means a lot. Our pump didn't freeze, the motor died. I guess I've been blessed, it was almost 20 years old and has never given us any trouble until now. With the storm headed our way and everything closing, we couldn't find a new motor. Thank goodness a well man a few towns over came and spent 4 hours working on it, but he got me water and made it home before the bridge closed. One of the few times I have wished for 'city water'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the Calvin quote at the beginning of your post. It was thought-provoking. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What joy to see the smile of the little one. What blessed moments you have shared my friend... m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are grateful that the stomach bug only hit my daughter about a month ago. This year it seems to be a tough one! We would love for it NOT to snow for a change. I can't wait to see little green things popping through the soil!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bulbs are up?!? I'm jealous. I've done a good job not wanting spring earlier than God's good timing, but now you've made me anxious! Never mind that we've had two feet of snow. Never mind that we've had days and days on end in the negatives. I am ready to see those daffs! So glad you're participating in the blog swap! Looking forward to seeing what you do/get!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...