Friday, March 7, 2014

Gearhart...




When we were offered a free stay at a client's beach house, we picked a weekend, packed our bags, and made the 2 and a half hour drive to a sleepy little town on the Oregon coast called Gearhart. The weather? We scored. :)  It was 63 degrees when we drove out onto the beach. Amazing.The tide was out, so we strolled along picking up shells and sand dollars while chatting and being goofy and capturing it all with Dan's smart phone camera. There is not much more I enjoy than staring into the horizon as the sun sets listening to the waves and feeling the coolness of the breeze. The beauty of creation and the artistry of God evident in the colors of the sunset, the majesty of seagulls soaring overhead, the endless miles of sand etched by wind and water... Sigh.

Saturday wasn't quite as nice weather-wise, but we still had a great time (I shared about that here). On Sunday morning we packed and drove home for church in pouring rain...it was 32 degrees when we arrived back in Vancouver, and thankfully, it wasn't snowing. What a contrast!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

15 comments:

  1. Is that a Tea Leaves Cardigan I spy? I have one of those too! Thanks for the fun smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss the ocean! Though I am happy to just stay put here... (we live in NJ)... I used to live outside Vancouver and still miss the ocean... Glad you had such a nice time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, we are near Vancouver, WA (not BC). Do you ever get over to the Atlantic? We don't make it to the coast very often, but I sure love it when we do. :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice, glad you had the chance to get away and take a break. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What peaceful beautiful scenes. I'm so glad you got to get away and enjoy yourselves. Your sweater looks just lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. :) We could not have picked a more perfect weekend to get away!

      Delete
  5. Amazing is right Lisa, how beautiful, all of it, just beautiful!
    Is that a hand knit is spy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, Tracey; it's that tea leaves that took me forever. It was a good choice for our trip since it's wool, it kept me warm, yet due to the style, it wasn't overly warm if that makes sense.

      Delete
  6. Lisa, I can imagine that a trip to the shore encouraged you body, soul, and spirit. (tho I imagine the water was freezing!) Thank you for sharing with us!

    fyi, I've been having trouble with my blog so I had to start from scratch. Welcome welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your blogger troubles; no fun. :(

      The water was freezing, but I only dipped my toes in the most shallow part of the waves. Dan thought I was crazy, but how could I not get my toes wet? Thanks for visiting, Gina.

      Delete
  7. So glad you were able to have this free trip! What a nice gift :-) Your cardigan is lovely...as are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Lori. :) Free is a great price! We did have to spend some for gas and the fun things in Cannon Beach, but it was so worth it! :)

      Delete
  8. lovely photos and I think the sweater is adorable on you! Looks like a fantastic getaway at a price that anyone would gladly pay for :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...