Wednesday, March 19, 2014

tending my yarn garden...



Well, well...

We enjoyed a long weekend visit from dear friends last Thursday through Sunday, and then the beginning of this week was spent working outside. When we are blessed with late winter sunshine here in the Pacific northwest, we have to take advantage of it! The kids and I cleaned up the vegetable garden which makes me so, so happy. :)  In other news, and to make life really interesting, our computer was away for several days visiting a nice man who made it work more speedily (gotta love those computer guys!); Dan picked it up on his way home last night, so this is the first opportunity I've had to post anything. So glad my files and pictures are all still here!

With so much going on, I have to admit that I've neglected my knitting and that crocheted slipper, but I figured I'd pop in to share anyway. I did some reworking on Charlotte's Easter shrug since my original attempt turned out way too big. I'm happy with the re-do and just need to order some white yarn to work up the final version for her. The yarn in the top picture is, in case you missed it, actually a candle. Go ahead, look again. :)  A gift from my friend who was here over the weekend -- thanks, J! 

Lots of garden and homestead reading going on here lately. Our chicks are almost 3 weeks old and are thriving; Eggs Fresh Daily is a goldmine for those of you with a flock; we are loving this book. We believe we have a rooster (at least one) in the flock... 

Last but not least, I got a package in the mail on Monday and will share it's contents later this week!

What are you reading/knitting/crocheting? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome candle!

    Even though I remember life without a computer and the internet, I can no longer imagine life without...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me awhile to figure out what kind of "yarn" that was in the first picture. LOL. Thanks for a good laugh. Our garden is still buried in many feet of snow. In fact, I haven't even started planning what to plant yet. Kind of hard when it feels like winter is never going to end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when the computer guy works his magic!
    Hooray for sunshine and working outside. We had rain for days, but yesterday afternoon the sun peeked out and today there was the most beautiful sunrise, I am just a wee bit overjoyed!
    You got it!! I hope you like it.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wondering what the package is.....I guess I will wait and see :) Isn't fun to be busy with friends and visitors. glad your computer is new and improved!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for the chicks! They certainly must be thankful for spring! Love your Easter shrug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice candle!! Your granddaughter's top is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that yarn looked really strange! Haha! I love that shrug, its adorable! I will have to look at that book- we've had a flock for a couple years but I always feel like there is more to learn! We have at least one new rooster in with our new chicks and since it's a banty we will probably stew our current rooster that has a higher likelihood of becoming aggressive...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! I was staring at the first "yarn" pic before I read the post...trying to figure out what kind of fiber that was!!! Ha ha! Very cool :-D Bryan got his chicks 2 days ago...so much fun! Amazing how they change and grow so fast. Now we have to build the chicken tractors so they'll be ready to go out on pasture soon. These are meat birds, so they're only with us for 8 weeks.

    I just now found your comment on my Serenity in the Suburbs blog, that was sitting in my "waiting for review" area...so sorry I didn't see it before! It was from February, about my book review of "Mother's Book of Home Economics." So it's up now! Thanks for leaving the comment! I love her books for bridal showers/wedding gifts.

    Still waiting for spring to arrive here, it's cold yet. But I'm not ready to garden at this point anyway, so I'll take the extra week.

    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa! I have been tending to my yarn garden this week as well. I have several small projects that have been in the works for awhile and I am trying to get them finished, and photographed for my blog, but it has been slow going. Spring is springing slowly in my little part of Georgia. The grass has started to get green in places and some of the trees are beginning to bud. We have tall yellow wild flowers growing in front of our pond. They are just weeds, but from a distance they look just like daffodils. :) I hate to cut them down because they are the only color we have going right now! Your blog is so beautiful Lisa and I really enjoy reading it. I hope you have a lovely day ahead, With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe it's been so many weeks since we were down there. So much has happened since then. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! LY my friend! J.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...