Tuesday, April 1, 2014

10 on Tuesday...the April Fool's Edition

I've never been much into April Fool's Day (I always thought of it as sort of a mean thing to do, play tricks on people, that is). But being that this week's 10 on Tuesday topic is to "share 10 things about yourself - some true, some not, and then invite your readers to decide which is which," I figured I'd play along by taking a trip back in time to my childhood...  
  1. I was born in Braddock, PA
  2. Which means I was raised to love the Pirates and the Steelers (and Kennywood)
  3. My family moved quite a bit (MD, DC, VA) during my childhood before settling out west in Washington state in the mid-70s
  4. When I was 10, I was certain I would marry Donny Osmond one day
  5. My love of seafood came from years of fishing off the ferry dock on Vashon Island
  6. I came to know the Lord through the AWANA program at a Baptist church in Maryland
  7. I once washed my hair in the bathroom sink of a McDonald's restaurant during a cross-country trip.
  8. Fried bologna sandwiches were one of my favorite after-school snacks  (eww!)
  9. Ditto for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches
  10. I listened to Boston's first album pretty much every day during my freshman year of high school (and still enjoy listening to it today)
Ok, my friends, only one item in my list is not true (and that's not an April Fool's joke); which do you think it is?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. fun; hard to guess which one is not true; I'd say either # 8 or # 9! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bad at this..maybe # 8?
    My sister wanted to marry Donny too. Oh and I had that same Boston album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny. :) I'm sure we weren't the only ones who had dreams of being Mrs. Osmond. haha!

      Delete
  3. I'm going with #5 as untrue. And I was going to marry Davey Jones! Happy 10 on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about #10?

    Ah, Donny Osmond. And as Patty said, earlier there was Davy Jones and Bobby Sherman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget David Cassidy! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping it's the Peanutbutter and Pickle Sandwiches. Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to guess that 8 and 9 are false...eww. :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. for your sake I hope the hair wash in the McDonald's sink is the fiction...but something tells me it's not! (visiting for the first time today, enjoying Carole's ToT fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to say #7!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to say #5 is false....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess is that #5 is false. I wish for you that washing your hair in the McDonald's sink wasn't true, but I bet it was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm kind of hoping Dan is not reading about all these secret guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny, Mike! He hasn't read this post yet, but he knows all about my childhood crushes. :)

      Delete
  12. There is no way you would want to marry Donny at the age of 10 :) That's my guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the things that 10 yr. old girls dream of...

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...