Tuesday, April 8, 2014

10 on Tuesday...

Not nearly as exciting as last week's list, this week's 10 on Tuesday list asks for foods that belong together...  Since I don't mind the foods on my plate mixing together (unlike Dan who prefers that nothing touches), this will be an easy one. Some of these are foods I enjoy today, some are childhood favorites. :)
  1. Spaghetti with green salad and ranch dressing.
  2. Scrambled eggs topped with shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream, and hot sauce.
  3. Tuna mixed with mayo and dill pickle relish.
  4. Mashed potatoes with gravy and corn...all stirred together.
  5. Hershey bars with Pepsi (on my grandma's front porch in Pgh.) :)
  6. Potato chips with Ranch dip.
  7. Chips and salsa (and a margarita if it's a warm summer day).
  8. Burgers and tots with sriracha ranch.
  9. Green salad with anything.
  10. Biscuits and sausage gravy.
And now you know far more than you ever cared to about my food quirks and preferences. We try to eat a healthy diet but enjoy indulging now and then. Hershey's chocolate is my favorite, but then, I'm a PA girl. One of my favorite memories is sitting on my grandma's front porch eating Hershey bars and drinking Pepsi out of plastic Tupperware cups...the tall pastel plastic ones.  :)

Joining Carole :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. Cute! Yay for Pgh. I'm tracking my mail order of baby chicks, and they are in Pgh. right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dan, my foods can't touch!

    I eat healthy most of the time too, but it's nice to have a treat every once in awhile. I have a thing for peanut butter cups, even my kid's say when they see one they think of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, have you ever tried making homemade PB cups? We are planning to make some homemade candies next week for Easter and PB cups are on the list. :)

      Delete
  3. I eat healthy all day until after dinner, then I have to have a sweet, it can be chocolate, or a cookie but some kind of sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DH still teases me about needing the kid's plate all the time - I'm like Dan! I like everything separate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't even thought about these lists being regional but after reading yours I realized they will be. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo - mashed potatoes, gravy and corn mixed together was a favorite of mine growing up! Yummy list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hershey bars and pepsi??? really? my favorite is mashed potatoes and peas all mixed together-----with meatloaf. comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was a treat at my G'ma's house. She would let us go down to the cellar and get a Pepsi out of the fridge and would give us each a candy bar (Hersheys). A sugar high to be sure!

      Delete
  8. I love Hershey bars also - but with milk! However, my Aunt and I used to walk to the store lots of mornings after I spent the night with her - and we got moon pies and RC cola - and had that together! Today - I don't think that would appeal to me - LOL!

    I used to not want my food touching. I also would eat one thing at a time - didn't want them getting mixed up in my tummy - hey I was a kid!!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad they don't make Hershey bars the same way they used to when we were kids...they just don't taste the same anymore!

      Delete
  9. Hershey Bars + Pepsi on Grandma's porch reminds me of a few summers when we'd have Popcorn & Kool-aid under the maple tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me eager to create "grandma's house" memories for my own sweet grandchildren! Grandma memories are some of the best ever!

      Delete
  10. Nothing wrong with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here in PA I borrowed a video biography of Mr. Hershey from the public library and found it to be interesting to learn that his chocolate factory supported an orphanage that he started there where the children were housed and schooled.
    I have a memory of my father taking us for a Sunday drive in the country (in NJ). Along the drive (which was for my mother's sake I think) he unwrapped one Hershey bar - broke it along the dividing lines and passed along the pieces so that we could all have one piece each. He has always economized ruthlessly. But there was something about sharing it together that made it special. And he probably knew we were a little board sitting in the back seat of the station wagon with no destination to speak of.
    I spied my mom putting ketchup on her scrambled eggs when her grandchildren came for a visit but I do not recall her ever serving it to her children this way. I shouldn't have been surprised to find my daughter serving ketchup at the breakfast table to her children - her grandmother's influence.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...