Saturday, April 5, 2014

thankful...

When we recognize God’s mercies, we can only respond with gratitude. And if our eyes are at all open to even a fraction of these mercies, we will be busy being grateful all day long. Imagine the consequences of such a day, busy with gratitude. 
 ~Nancy Wilson


Tomato seedlings started from what was left of last year's seed...such a blessing to not have to buy seed!


My drawer is restocked with a stack of fresh, new kitchen washcloths. :)


Thank you, Tracey. :)


Red light knitting...the last of seven washcloths (pictured above). My kids let me know when the light is green. :)


The view from the red light. See the sign that says, "State I-205?" We live on the other side of the ridge right there where the sign is. Dole Valley is between that ridge and the snow-covered one (Silver Star Mountain) to the east. Not the best image, but just thought I'd share. We were on our way home from Daniel's piano lesson on Wednesday.


Back home looking eastward (that same ridge is in the distance).

Thankful for new friends made, warmer weather, less rain, sunshine peeking through cloudy skies, piano teachers, piano students, seedlings, my yarn stash, my green-light watchers, and the view from my front porch.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to be "busy with gratitude" today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love that quote and come back to it again and again. Have a great weekend, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. Lovely gift from Tracey!! Love your gratitude list, I make one every morning in my journal, makes for a lovely start of the day :). I see green in your photos!! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washington isn't called the Evergreen State for nothing, Karen! The deciduous tress here, at least at our elevation, are just beginning to open their buds. :) Down in town, they are a couple weeks ahead of us. Hope your spring arrives soon...

      Delete
  3. thanksgiving is HUGE and can get us through so much! God is merciful to us!!! Lovely things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Elizabeth. Wishing you a rest-filled Sunday! :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place to live! How close were you to the mudslide? It's such a tragic event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mudslide happened about 3.5 hours north of us. We're just north of Portland, Oregon; the little town of Oso is northeast of the Seattle area. While no one we know was personally impacted by the slide, our church denomination does have boots on the ground there helping and providing counseling. Truly tragic...

      Delete
  5. You live in such a beautiful place! I love the red light knitting. I dug out my cotton yarn this weekend and started planning some dish cloth knitting this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love it here! Happy knitting. :)

      Delete
  6. You are most welcome Lisa.
    I love seeing your mountains. I love in what is called the lowcountry, we are flat and only 3 feet above sea level.
    Hey, we do the same thing with knitting when we drive, it's a great way to get in a few stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such lovely gifts from Tracey. And a beautiful list. I have to try this knitting while you drive thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...