Friday, April 4, 2014

...the truth :)

I told you on Tuesday that everything on my list 10 on Tuesday list was true expect for one. Congrats to Patty, Linda, and Rachel who all guessed correctly!
  1. I was born in Braddock, PA -- true!
  2. Which means I was raised to love the Pirates and the Steelers (and Kennywood) -- true!!
  3. My family moved quite a bit (MD, DC, VA) during my childhood before settling out west in Washington state in the mid-70s -- true! I was in the 5th grade when we moved to beautiful Vashon Island in the Puget Sound which was a world away from anything I'd ever known back on the east coast.
  4. When I was 10, I was certain I would marry Donny Osmond one day -- True, and I'm thankful THAT didn't happen - ha!
  5. My love of seafood came from years of fishing off the ferry dock on Vashon Island -- False! Although I enjoyed fishing from the ferry dock at the north end of Vashon, I never developed a love of seafood; in fact, I truly do not like any seafood at all expect tuna. Don't feel bad for me, though, 'cause I'm ok with it.
  6. I came to know the Lord through the AWANA program at a Baptist church in Maryland -- True! God bless the neighbors who invited me to go; I cannot remember my friend's name, but if I remember correctly, her mom's name was Wanda Durham and she gave me a little white KJV of my very own. I loved everything about AWANA and served as a Chums leader when Jessica was a girl. In fact, she wore my old AWANA blouse. :)
  7. I once washed my hair in the bathroom sink of a McDonald's restaurant during a cross-country trip. -- True! We drove back east every summer and did so in only 2 - 2.5 days stopping only for fuel and food, a little site seeing (sometimes), but never for lodging...what's a teenage girl to do?
  8. Fried bologna sandwiches were one of my favorite after-school snacks  (eww!) -- Sadly, this is true...with lots of mayo.
  9. Ditto for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches -- Sadly, this, too, is true. Had to be dill pickles, though. And lots and lots of crunchy peanut butter. :)
  10. I listened to Boston's first album pretty much every day during my freshman year of high school (and still enjoy listening to it today). -- True! One of the best albums ever...

Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me! :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

15 comments:

  1. I hate to admit this, but when I was pregnant with my daughter, I CRAVED bologna and ate fried bologna sandwiches over the course of that week. Though, I don't think I've eaten it since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get a pass since, Sarah. :) Pregnancy cravings are the weirdest things; with my first, I couldn't get enough of vanilla milkshakes...

      Delete
  2. Ha, you are so funny Lisa. You know those crunchy peanut butter [my favorite] and dill pickle [another favorite] sandwiches sound pretty good right about now, I'm hungry.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to show your comment to Dan since I'm typically not the "funny" one 'round here. :) Please tell me you didn't go make a pb&p sandwich!

      Delete
  3. oh I got my guess wrong. I love seafood but never fished for it :) Have a good weekend Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't fished for years; in fact, I don't think I've done so since my Vashon days. My brother is going to take the kids and me fishing this summer. I'll bring a can of tuna -- ha!

      Delete
  4. We just had a fried bologna sandwich party with friends. I think we won some people over. The mayo really is key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding me, right? About the party, not the mayo. The mayo IS (was) key. :)

      Delete
  5. Woot! I can't believe I got it right!
    I too, ate a lot of fried baloney sandwiches as a child. We used miracle whip for ours. And I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with pickles and chips - too funny! Strawberry jelly was our choice...
    I grew up in Ohio - and then moved to Virginia after getting married in 1974....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one about the bologna! My version of the PB & Pickles was purely that. No jelly. No jam. Not sure where I got the idea, but eat it I did. Have a great weekend, Linda!

      Delete
  6. It doesn't matter where you live now….growing up in western PA makes you a Pirate and steeler fan for LIFE!!! Go Pirates!!! Yay Steelers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    It is interesting to know these quirks about you.
    I had a picture inside the door of my junior high locker of Donny Osmond. A neighbor asked me to join her family at Madison Square Garden in NYC so I got to see and hear Donny in person. I'm glad you and I didn't get our wish to marry him.
    As for your food choices I must restrain a comment. (smiles).
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, and in fact, I thank you for your restraint! :) I once had the opportunity to see Donny live in concert (in Pittsburgh). My best friend and neighbor had an older teenaged sister who was taking her, but my mom wouldn't let me go. I was in misery for the longest time. So funny to think about that now! Glad you got to go, though. :) Thanks for sharing, Karen!

      Delete
  8. sabrina4/06/2014

    I love it :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...