- I was born in Braddock, PA -- true!
- Which means I was raised to love the Pirates and the Steelers (and Kennywood) -- true!!
- My family moved quite a bit (MD, DC, VA) during my childhood before settling out west in Washington state in the mid-70s -- true! I was in the 5th grade when we moved to beautiful Vashon Island in the Puget Sound which was a world away from anything I'd ever known back on the east coast.
- When I was 10, I was certain I would marry Donny Osmond one day -- True, and I'm thankful THAT didn't happen - ha!
- My love of seafood came from years of fishing off the ferry dock on Vashon Island -- False! Although I enjoyed fishing from the ferry dock at the north end of Vashon, I never developed a love of seafood; in fact, I truly do not like any seafood at all expect tuna. Don't feel bad for me, though, 'cause I'm ok with it.
- I came to know the Lord through the AWANA program at a Baptist church in Maryland -- True! God bless the neighbors who invited me to go; I cannot remember my friend's name, but if I remember correctly, her mom's name was Wanda Durham and she gave me a little white KJV of my very own. I loved everything about AWANA and served as a Chums leader when Jessica was a girl. In fact, she wore my old AWANA blouse. :)
- I once washed my hair in the bathroom sink of a McDonald's restaurant during a cross-country trip. -- True! We drove back east every summer and did so in only 2 - 2.5 days stopping only for fuel and food, a little site seeing (sometimes), but never for lodging...what's a teenage girl to do?
- Fried bologna sandwiches were one of my favorite after-school snacks (eww!) -- Sadly, this is true...with lots of mayo.
- Ditto for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches -- Sadly, this, too, is true. Had to be dill pickles, though. And lots and lots of crunchy peanut butter. :)
- I listened to Boston's first album pretty much every day during my freshman year of high school (and still enjoy listening to it today). -- True! One of the best albums ever...
Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me! :)
Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)