Tuesday, May 13, 2014

10 on Tuesday...

The 10 on Tuesday assignment this week is to share 10 things I wish I knew more about. There are sooooo many things I wish I knew more about, so this won't be difficult at all...
  1. how to better prevent deer from eating my plants
  2. history -- specifically pre-flood (will definitely ask about this when I get to Heaven!)
  3. QuickBooks
  4. bread baking -- especially sourdough
  5. cooking with cast iron cookware
  6. growing herbs and using them medicinally
  7. government, the Constitution, etc.
  8. food preservation of all varieties
  9. root cellaring
  10. knitting & yarn...
Of course, I wish I knew the Word better. I wish I had paid better attention in school and, therefore, am thankful for over 20 years of homeschooling my kiddos -- years in which I have learned so much. And while I couldn't teach them everything (an understatement for certain), more than anything I hope I've passed on a passion to learn and to pursue wisdom, beauty, goodness, and truth. :)

What do you wish you knew more about?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how much more you have learned through homeschooling your children. The deer seem to be making quite a dent in everyone's bushes and shrubs this year. Probably because of the awful winter we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte Moore5/13/2014

    I wish I knew more about the WORD too. Also sourdough making and consistent good whole wheat bread making. Essentials and herbs are a bit confusing to me. Wish they weren't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lori,
    I am just stopping by to read a bit and to tell you a belated 'Happy Mother's Day'. You share such goodness here on your blog, and I know that many are blessed and encouraged ...that is how seeds are planted :) I pray for you often and hope your week is blessed, friend! I am still learning the WORD and will never stop growing (and learning) until I go to be with Jesus! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I broke my no computer rule and I'm so glad I did so I could take a moment to read your post....

    To keep deer from your plants spread milorganite, all the plantations and farms around here are using it and it works...it smells, but it works, promise.
    http://milorganite.com/

    For sour dough bread try this recipe, I use it every week and my guys love it...
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/extra-tangy-sourdough-bread-recipe

    As for cooking with cast iron, just use it a lot. I use cast iron everyday and love it.

    Food preservation isn't hard once you know how and if you have any questions I would be glad to help, I've been canning for most of my life.

    I hope that helps a little.
    Love,
    T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the links and ideas, Tracey. Wish I could have you over one afternoon to knit and chat and share ideas. :) Hope you got everything done that you hoped to last week! xo

      Delete
  5. As a teacher, I know what you mean about learning from teaching your children! I've taught things I studied in school and thought I knew/understood -- but I learned it far better when I taught it. Isn't teaching wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have deer that eat bushes and we let them. Then we have rabbits that eat our bulbs and we let them. I find it difficult to stop nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...