Friday, May 2, 2014

a happy night out with John Williams...

Daniel is a lover of music -- a trait he inherited from his dad. Me? I enjoy it, but not like these two who hear every little nuance while listening to a song. I like the beat and know all the words...

Anyway, Daniel has really gotten into soundtrack music lately, especially those soundtracks composed by John Williams. Sooo, when Dan found out Mr. Williams would be making an appearance in Portland, we put out the big bucks, bought two tickets, and surprised Daniel with a father/son night out on the town. :)  First stop: burgers!



That smile...worth every penny. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. Both my sons are musicians...they inherited this gene from their dad. Me? I just like to dance to music :) how wonderful that your son enjoyed the evening. ... mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, we will have to get together one of these days...we could put on the radio and have a good time! :)

      Delete
  2. my daughter played french horn through high school and college, John Williams uses the french horn in many of his pieces as the focus, which always delighted her :) Looks like a fun time was had!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to guess the French horn played a prominent role in the Star Wars music (some of my son's favorites, in fact he's playing some on the piano as I type!). Have a great weekend, Karen!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A blessed weekend to you, Elizabeth! :)

      Delete
  4. Charlotte Moore5/02/2014

    I saw some plain muffins at the bottom of this post. They were made with buttermilk. I made them this afternoon. I added some vanilla extract, uns. dried coconut, and sprinkled some on top. I made a small amount of lemon glaze to go on top. They were good. I did add 1/2 cup sugar instead of 1/3 cup. I knew I would want it sweeter. Now I can't find the muffin at the bottom. Not sure what it was called. It did have a pic of your daughter pouring the buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best to find that recipe for you, Charlotte! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...