Sunday, May 4, 2014

here comes the sun :)

I told Dan I was feeling guilty all week for the blessing of mild weather while so many across the country were facing fierce storms and even devastation. Praying and praising God for the testimonies of His goodness in the midst of it all. I cannot imagine.

Here the sun shone much of the week, and we enjoyed near record high temperatures on Wednesday and Thursday; in fact, it was nearly 70 degrees at 6 a.m. on Thursday morning. Crazy. Weather like that makes for good morning mowing and other outdoor work including moving our two month old chicks from their brooder out to their permanent accommodations at the bottom of the vegetable garden. Hummingbirds are visiting once again and bees are buzzing. Cucumber, watermelon, and pumpkin seedlings are almost ready to be put out into the raised beds!

We have plans to re-do the flower bed in front of the porch this year, but I insisted we wait until all the spring blooms have had a chance to put on their show...after 8 years here, it's time for a good dig and divide. In the meanwhile, things look a little overgrown and messy, but I'm enjoying the forget me nots and blue bells and iris which always bloom here for Mother's Day.

Wednesday afternoon the kids and I visited Lewisville Park before Daniel's piano lesson. I could spend all day staring at the river or reading or knitting. One of my most favorite places. Peaceful, calm, and overflowing with the beauty of God's creation. :)

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul...

On the way home, there was Mt. St. Helens in all her snow-covered glory. I'm hoping to climb her late this summer...






You can ignore the video if you like...just enjoy the song. :)


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. One day I would love to visit your beautiful state Lisa, Washington State sounds wonderful.
    We had a few days of rain, but most of the bad stuff went around us, now the heat is returning full force...90 by tomorrow, ahem.
    I have six new poultry's on their way here and they should arrive this afternoon, I can't wait. I guess it really doesn't take much to make me happy, I thoroughly enjoy watching the birds.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Tracey, if you ever find yourself out west, you have a friend in Washington, so be sure to let me know! :) We're back to cool and rainy; in fact, yesterday was in the high 50s. Such is life here, but all that rain keeps us green. Enjoy your chicks...they really are so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Love your photos! It gave me a little gift of feeling like I was on the journey with you while you were taking them! I've always been interested in chickens - they are so varied and beautiful... Have you ever read the book "Still Life With Chickens"? A book I've read twice and enjoyed both times...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Linda. I'm not much of a photographer and don't have a fancy camera, but I try anyway. :) I've not read that book, but will see if our local library carries it. Thanks for the recommendation. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! We had gorgeous weather here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. :) We're rainy and cool again, but I wasn't ready for such hot weather anyway! Have a blessed week. :)

      Delete
  4. lovely weather! I think you've had warmer weather overall than us. But we will catch up one day. Our front bed needs a tiny divide, might happen this summer, might not. What kind of bird is that? He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, we're all ready back to typical PacNW weather -- cool and rainy. You'll be warm before you know it! I've been meaning to divide our front bed for the past two or three years, so this IS the year. :) The fluffy feathered chicken? That's a Polish in honor of my Polish heritage from both my parents. We've never raised this particular breed, but since I got to pick out the birds that make up this year's flock, we got two of them. :)

      Delete
  5. That is a perfect place to knit. Just beautiful! Our lilacs will be blooming in a couple of weeks so we are behind you by a little bit. Washington is on my list to visit one of these days... Tracey and I should plan a trip out to visit - LOL. Hey Karen - want to join us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, indeed! That would be so awesome! :) Would LOVE it!! Anytime, ladies!

      Delete
  6. Stunning photos Lisa. Glad things are warming up for you, although 70's would be considered pretty mild or even cold. We're headed or the lower to middle 90's this next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...