Tuesday, May 6, 2014

tending my yarn garden...




I discovered a skein of Patons Lace with gold sequins in my stash and was inspired to cast on and knit a summer scarf for myself. I'm playing with stitch patterns and have finally settled on one I like. Stay tuned. :) 

Many thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers regarding my insomnia. I've slept so much better during the past week than I have in some time. It's the most incredible feeling to wake up and hear birds chirping outside my window rather than waking in the deepest, darkest hours of the night...  My thanks goes out as well to those of you who offered to test knit my shrug for me!  :)

Still reading A Tale of Two Cities. Still Reading Willing To Die. Didn't make it into the picture, but just last night finished By the Shores of Silver Lake. Still reading Proverbs...

She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.
~Proverbs 31:13

I love the Proverbs. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects over at Ginny's. What's on your needles?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. I love discovering yarn in my stash that I'd forgotten about. Pretty yarn Lisa and it will make a beautiful summer scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful yarn for a summer scarf. The colour will go with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarn for summer, so delicate and airy! I am glad to hear your sleep was a bit better this week!
    I love the Proverbs too

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are knitting for you and that you've slept better than ever! May it continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn! Praying for restful sleep for you! I love reading Proverbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen that yarn in the stores. Can't wait to see what you do! So happy you are sleeping! Now pray for me as I fight it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for better sleeps! God is so merciful! fun knit! and yay for your test knit!! Have a wonderful day!!! God bless you! (oh and proverbs is such a great book!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are sleeping better. The scarf looks lovely... can't wait to see it in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you are sleeping better. Waking up when it is still night is no fun. The yarn you are working with is lovely and I look forward to seeing how your scarf turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to seeing your summer scarf. The yarn looks lovely; I've seen it in stores and have wanted to try it out, so you'll have to let me know what you think of it. That's wonderful that you're getting more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, can hardly wait to see your handy work on the summer scarf. Nothing on the needles at this time. I just finished reading Corrie Ten Booms, "Tramp for the Lord". It's an easy quick read, and well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yarn and pattern look to be a perfect match, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That yarn is so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the finished scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty yarn, it's going to make a gorgeous scarf, I'm glad to hear you are sleeping better. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think summer scarves are the best scarves! I love their versatility- because who says you can't wear a summer scarf in the winter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color of that yarn! Your scarf is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...