Wednesday, May 14, 2014

tending my yarn garden...


With Mother's Day activities and Charlotte being sick this past week (please keep her in prayer -- thank you!) and with sunny days that lent themselves well to garden tending, my needles have been somewhat neglected over the past week. That's my little granddaughter busy with my needles while at the doctor's office on Monday. Adorable, huh?! It looks just like she's knitting, but of course what she was really doing was imitating her Baba. :)  In the end, one needle came out and yarn was strung about, but it's ok. Five days with a high fever was cause enough for the doctor to want to see her, but, of course, we were sent home with no answers other than it's not a UTI. Tangled yarn was a small price to pay to keep her happy!

A Tale of Two Cities continues to be my primary reader; Daniel and I are reading it as our last literature book of the school year and we're nearing the finish line. He's ahead of me, so I've been reading all I can in my spare moments to catch up. Bedtime reading continues in the land of Little House (Laura and her family are deep into the hard winter and just learned that the train won't be coming through until spring). Reading again of the hardships this family endured makes me ashamed of all my sniveling complaints when things don't go quite the way I'd wish them to in the midst of abundance.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects over at Ginny's. What's on your needles?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe.

13 comments:

  1. praying for your little grand, so sad to see them be ill, but if the doctor sent her home she must be well enough to fight it off on her own. My son (the graduated one) ran a fever for three days and now I have to listen to a nasty cough. Not sick enough to go to the doctor, he is slowly getting better but slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep your son in my prayers, Karen! Thanks for yours. :)

      Delete
  2. hope she feels fully better soon! cute picture!!! I am reading my one Little House book right now :) someday DV I will have the whole set! :) May God bless your little one with full health soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she feel well soon. What a beautiful picture. It won't be long before she'll be doing it for real :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well wishes and including her in my prayers. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Karen with your big Dickens books are the first two I've visited on my yarn hop this morning! Haha! I'm so sorry to hwar Charlotte is still sick! We had a virus earlier this season with high temps and not many other symptoms so I am praying it will pass by quickly now. The stress of those high fevers is exhausting for caregivers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers for your little one. As I write my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter is sitting beside me with fever and a cough. Prayers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifting your wee one before the mighty throne. :) Thanks for yours!

      Delete
  7. Precious little girl--so stunning with that dark hair and sweet face. She looks intent on learning.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little one. So sorry she isn't well. It's hard on mamas and grandmas to see the little babes under the weather. She does look to be very intent on learning how you do that yarn and sticks thing! Visiting from Yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is just beautiful Lisa! And she is being lifted in prayer for a quick recovery. The poor little thing. You should frame that picture. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Charlotte does like she is knitting - and with focused attention. What a cutie! So sorry she has a fever that is hanging on. Hopefully by the time you read this it will be broken.

    I was told by an historian that the Ingalls had another family living in the house with them during that long winter. Perhaps Laura was going by "if you haven't anything nice to say, say nothing at all." I'm often reminded of that story when going through a long winter like the one we had this year.

    I am relishing the days of spring here on the east coast but haven't picked up my knitting in quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are obviously starting her early :~D mari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...