Tuesday, June 17, 2014

10 on Tuesday... {top 10 movies}

This week's 10 on Tuesday assignment is to create a list of 10 movies you can watch over and over and never tire of. The fact is we're not big movie people. Since moving to Dole Valley eight years ago this month, we've had no cable (it's not available out here), and although we could've signed up for Dish, we opted out and relied on our small collection of DVDs and VHS films to keep us entertained. We did have Netflix for a while, and sometimes we rent from Red Box up at Fred Meyer in Battle Ground. With Youtube and Amazon Prime, we have access to just about any movie we'd want to watch, but we still rely on our small personal collection when Friday evening rolls around. When I get to pick the movie, these are the ones I choose most often...
  1. How to Train Your Dragon (adventure, redemption, and fun!)
  2. Pride & Prejudice (Colin Firth version)
  3. The Incredibles (animation for grown ups...so much real-life commentary)
  4. It's a Wonderful Life (Thanksgiving tradition around here)
  5. Fiddler on the Roof ("tradition!")
  6. Ratatouille (the food and Anton Ego's redemption are wonderful!)
  7. The Patriot (beautiful costumes and pure Americana)
  8. The Muppet Christmas Carol :)
  9. Facing the Giants (love the music and the football scenes)
  10. Little House on the Prairie (the tv movie that came before the series)
  11. Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows)
Yes, my list goes to 11 -- a nod to a silly movie Dan and I used to watch. And before I sign off, I'll throw in that my two most favorite chick flicks are Sleepless in Seattle and Notting Hill, neither of which I'd watch with the kiddos. :)

What are your favorites?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

5 comments:

  1. I just watched Fiddler on the Roof on Saturday night. It is the first time I've seen it in many many years. I love the music and found myself dancing around and singing!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facing the Giants, great movie, inspired 2 of our youth group girls to pray over every locker at their middle school preparing for the school year. Over 1300 kids in that school at that time. That has been a few years ago, since one just finished her freshman year in college and the other her sophomore year in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #s 3 and 6 for sure! And I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't seen #1 yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like Jane Austen's P & P too and have it on DVD. I love S & S with Emma T as Eleanor.
    "Little Boy Lost" with Bing Crosby is a little known b &w film but a beautiful story and teary one. I read the book this winter but although this is ghastly for me to say, I liked the film better. And as you might already know I love Enchanted April, both the film, and the book by Elizabeth Arnim. For a sentimental children's film I like Seal Morning.
    Another film with Colin Firth (he was young here) is A Month in the Country. I read the book on Kindle this winter. Mr. Firth's quiet acting plays the part well. Both and book and film are for grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...