Wednesday, June 4, 2014

tending my yarn garden...



I'm on the homestretch when it comes to the Little House series -- I'm half-way through These Happy Golden Years (which seems to match my knitting, doesn't it?!). I skipped Farmer Boy and will read it next to wrap up my Little House adventure. These books bring back memories from when my grown kids were littles and Dan read the entire series aloud to the family during the evenings of our first year of homeschooling. The kids would beg for "just one more chapter, please!"

Several projects are in the works, but I'm excited that my chevron blanket is finished as is my summer scarf. :)  I have cast on a new project using this:



Most of my free time is being spent reclaiming the recently vacated rooms that Jeff and Christina (and Charlotte) occupied while they were here. The bathroom is finished and today I'll be painting our bonus room which will once again be our guest room/craft studio. These are "before" pictures...I'll share "after" pics when both rooms are finished.


Before you go, please pop on over and enter my Drawstrings giveaway! :)

http://happyindolevalley.blogspot.com/2014/06/drawstrings-giveaway.html

Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects over at Nicole's & Ginny's. What's on your needles?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. how lovely!!! :) :) :) What great spaces you have to work with! That looks like a great blanket! what wonderful memories also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just starting a chevron blanket and I am so excited to see that you took your stripes to the edge! That solves a huge issue for me. Did I miss which pattern you used?

    Thanks for offering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda :) The pattern is one I improvised, so there's no link to a specific pattern. The good news is that I'm working on it and hope to have it available soon.

      Delete
  3. That big room is beautiful!! As is your knitting. I have taken a break from Laura but am missing her so I need to pick up the next book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I have a couple other books going, but Laura kept calling to me from her books, and I just couldn't put them down. Sort of like how knitting projects go if you know what I mean. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great space for a craft/guest room! Your Chevron came out great. I love the yellow and white together. I can't wait to see what you are working on now! Have a blessed week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Laura Ingalls Wilder books! Can't wait to see what the craft room & guest room will look like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the Little House books when I was in fifth grade. I read the first one and Farmer Boy to my grandsons when we were homeschooling. I had forgotten how much info about homesteading was in the first book, and Farmer Boy tells all about farming. I can just imagine what a wonderful craft room you will have. That room looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chevron blanket. I made a chevron baby blanket over the winter for my sister-in-law who was having her first baby. I'm excited to see what you have planned for that new skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the whole Little House series on my shelf just waiting to be read to Emerson, I can't wait.
    Your chevron blanket is beautiful, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cheerful chevron immensely!! I have to skip farmer book because that one is missing in the collection from a thrifting shopping experience....,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chevrons... they seem to be everywhere these days! Great color choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi lisa,
    love the chevron blanket and the colours!!!
    the books of laura ingalls are my favourite.these golden years is really wonderful,also the farmer boys.
    wish you wonderful days,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your sunny chevron blanket very much.
    My heart went out to that hard working young couple in These Happy Golden Years. I remember reading Farmer Boy aloud and then fixing it so that this read aloud time came just before lunch. All the description of home cooked meals prepared on the woodstove made us hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the yellow and white combo is great for the chevron!!!! (love the little knitting needle bracelet!!!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I re-read the entire series in the evening before bed last autumn and early winter. When I started to despair over the cold weather ( our first real winter in 23 years and the worst winter our new area had had in 60 years!), I would remind myself of what the Ingalls endured that long winter! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...