Tuesday, July 22, 2014

birthday girl :)

Another photo-heavy post to document Miss Charlotte's first b-day which was one month ago today. I sure do love this granddaughter of mine! :)












Hard to believe how quickly a year goes by. I thought they passed quickly watching my own kids grow up, but it seems the speed at which the months go by increases exponentially when it comes to grandbabies. Speaking of grandbabies, we are beyond excited that Charlotte is going to be a big sister sometime in February! Yes, the knitting ideas are rolling 'round my mind; I'll settle on projects and colors once J & Ch find out whether it's a he or a she. :)

I had the pleasure of baking a mini cake for Charlotte to enjoy! I used half of a layer cake recipe from my old Betty Crocker Cookbook and baked it in small round Pyrex dish coated with coconut oil (I lined the bottom with a small piece of parchment paper so the cake would come out more easily). It worked! And while I'm not a cake decorator, I think it turned out pretty cute anyway.

B-day gifts included then 'lil chick as well as the bunting, a plastic dinner plate with a farm theme, a shrug, and some books, too. The long-handled white spoon? That is a "whoa-shack." For whatever reason, my kids loved playing with utensils and called them whoa-shacks. Why? Who knows. But apparently, the enjoyment of playing with a whoa-shack lives on in the next generation. :)

Happy (belated) birthday to my first-born's first born. May the Lord bless you and keep you, and may His face shine upon you and give you peace. May you walk with Him all your days, baby girl. With love from your Baba. :)

With apologies for the somewhat out-of-focus photos,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

13 comments:

  1. Aw! Miss sweet cheeks! Wish we could have been there. By the way, that chick is SUPER cute!! :)

    Love you!
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jess. :) Missing you and looking forward to having you home, at least for a while, right? xo Mom :)

      Delete
  2. What joy to see her eyes light up as she received precious gifts for her birthday...she looks so beautiful and she is truly enjoying that cake! :=) mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did enjoy her cake...I was so honored to bake it and see her eyes light up!

      Delete
  3. Aw, yay! That cake caught my eye even before reading your descriptions - super yummy. Congratulations on the new one on the way. We love babies :) Just was holding my brand new nephew yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems it's baby season! Congrats on your new nephew, Sarah! :)

      Delete
  4. Such wonderful news Lisa, another grand baby, you are so blessed. Miss Charlotte is such a darling wee girl and getting so big at one. I agree with you, the time with grand babies goes by really fast.
    You made the prettiest cake for the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've so enjoyed your posts, Tracey, in which you share the joys of spending time with you dear granddaughter! They inspire me to enjoy and treasure each moment with my Charlotte!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations all around! :) Grandchildren are a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday dear Charlotte! What a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she is a year old already? Happy Birthday dearest Charlotte! She is just precious. And you are getting another blessing in February? You must be over the moon. Enjoy it all Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweetie! and what nice gifts! 1 year old, it is so sweet isn't it? May God bless her in every year she has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so beautiful, Lisa! Being a grandma is so awesome! :)
      Blessings!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...