Saturday, September 13, 2014

a rather tardy blogswap show & tell...

Shame on me for being so tardy is sharing the goodies I both sent and received!

What I sent:



Homegrown lavender from my herb garden, an organic cotton knit washcloth with a bar of homemade gardener's hand soap, a bottle of home-brewed vanilla extract, a crocheted flower corsage/brooch, and a hand-made wine cork magnet from a favorite local winery -- the Rusty Grape.

What I received:




If you've never participated in a blog swap, you simply must if you get the opportunity. Slyly spying on someone's blog to learn about them and what they might enjoy receiving is really a bit of fun. And knowing someone is doing the same to you is just as delightful. :)

The package I sent off went to Lady Cordelia who, if you haven't heard, has a gorgeous voice and is a talented singer/songwriter working to release a new cd! I enjoyed my peeks at her blue walls and was inspired by her abundant creativity. The Lord did not see fit to bless me with a voice that can sing on key, nor am I particularly gifted when it comes to words...I'm envious of those who've been gifted to use both, and Cory certainly has. Best wishes to her in her new adventure!

All the lovely things I received came from the equally talented hands of Jaimie who blogs at Knitted Time! Not only did this abundantly-gifted lady send me homemade blueberry jam from her own kitchen (!!), she also sent a gorgeous, petite quilted placemat and a lovely (and handy!) zippered pouch -- both hand-sewn. And if that weren't enough, she tucked in a hand-crocheted washcloth in Seifert colors (perfect!) as well as -- are you ready? -- a skein of KPs Chroma Fingering in "jam jar" which I'm eager to knit into a shawl or wrap for the chilly days to come this fall and winter. Thank you so much, Jaimie!! Your gifts brightened my day as well as my kitchen and knitting basket. :)

Many thanks, too, to Amanda @ Sweet Potato Claire for putting the swap together!

PS: A sheepish invitation to visit my Etsy shop if you're interested in any of the items I sent off...special orders are always welcome! :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

5 comments:

  1. What a kind thing to come here and read what you wrote.
    I loved my gift from you, and the lavender you sent is in a vase in our living room so I see it every day. The washcloth is in use, cork on the board, vanilla in the pantry and.....soap all used up and gone I think already. I have four small dirty hands in this house.
    Much Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It looks like you both got some pretty things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely thoughtful package you received and you sent off! Everyone wins!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...