Monday, September 8, 2014

think about it...

While a few of our fall school activities begin this week, our home school won't officially be back in session until next Monday (too much canning still to be done!). This week Daniel will dive back into coding classes and both kids will resume piano lessons; we're thankful for the opportunities to learn from those with expertise Dan and I just can't provide. With both our youngest now in high school, and having graduated three from our humble homeschool already, we are keenly aware of the need to provide opportunities for our kids outside our home that allow them to each grow both socially as well as academically. But we are also as keenly aware of the need to guard their hearts and minds -- the disciple them -- which is just one of the many reasons we have chosen to direct our children's education ourselves.

I didn't wake up this morning intending to post here on the blog, but as I was catching up on email, I saw this cartoon in an email from Answers in Genesis that prompted me to share. I guess all that's left to say is "think about it."

After Eden
I'm not intending to offend anyone here, just sincerely sharing from my heart. No matter how your children are educated, be sure to know what they're being taught! Happy Monday, everyone :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree totally Lisa. If I were to do it over again I would most certainly home school. While my daughter did well in high school after a Catholic education we realize that it was only by God's grace. Blessings to you and yours for another successful home school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your heart! Here's to another great homeschool year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I wouldn't be a great homeschool mom so we chose the public school system. But we made sure to talk to our kids about our beliefs and values along the way. It helps that we are in the midwest in a small city with great German heritage. Whatever route people choose is what's best for them. Kudos to your ability to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...