Friday, September 19, 2014

when life gets busy...



Up to my ears in canning jars and laundry. Trying to keep up with the garden which is still giving us plenty of green beans, cukes, and carrots -- fall lettuces are on their way!  Monday was our first official homeschool day of the new school year, so I'm really having fun now. The kids are engaged and trying their best to adjust to routine after a long summer break, so I'm thankful. :) 

I'm on a huge learning curve when it comes to getting set up to officially have an employee. Our Daniel will be working one or two days each week with Dan as an electrical apprentice! But... The state makes it so, so easy hard! Argh! I spent half the morning online trying to figure out how to sign up for a "minor work permit endorsement" from the State of Washington. After I was sure I had no idea what I was doing, I logged off and emailed our attorney who agreed to do it for us. So thankful. Thankful for our CPA, too. I could not do this self-employed thing without either one.

Today was sunny and warm  -- the perfect weather for working in the garden! Now that's something I'm good at. :)  Here's what we harvested...



I guess I'll be doing some canning...

And one more thing before I go, so excited that our son-in-law is defending his doctoral thesis tomorrow bringing an end to three years at Oxford and various other locations around Europe. Say a prayer for a solid defense as well as for traveling mercies for him and our daughter as they prepare to move back to the states at the end of the month! So excited, I can barely stand it!

A blessed weekend to you all!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

7 comments:

  1. how exciting about it all! lovely canning! blessings for your son-in-law!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shows your blessings so beautifully :) How wonderful that Daniel will be able to work and gain some experience. Have a blessed weekend my friend! m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you're still getting veggies from the garden, Lisa! We are long overdue for rain, so our garden is finished, except for the fact that we planted a row of lettuce and kale a few days. Today we're going to plant mustard. Hopefully, all of it will germinate. :)
    Have a great week-end!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are reaping all that you've sowed in your garden this year. I totally understand the govt and trying to run a small business. I spend more time re-sending them forms I've already sent them it's amazing. Prayers and safe travels for your son-in-law and daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to all you of Lisa. When my two oldest son's were younger my Mike was an electrician and use to take them along on jobs during the summer and while both now have different careers, they have a skill that will last them a life time.
    I know you must be beside yourself to have your family back in the states!
    Enjoy a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our homes are quite similar. And your chairs don't match! I love that, neither do ours. The large family dining table in the family room has 8 chairs around it with 4 matching and when we are all here, room for 12 with a crazy mix of chairs. I just learned that my glass top stove can be a problem for canning due to the kettle size, I will start using the free standing camp stove next year to see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I so wish I could visit you some day! What a lovely home you have made for your family :-) How exciting for your s.i.l. and your daughter...I know you'll enjoy their presence.
    Don't you wish, with regard to your son's apprenticeship, that we could just start businesses for ourselves, teach our kids to do the same, and have the state just stay out of our faces? It is NUTS. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...