Monday, January 19, 2015

Mindful Monday #3

Once again I'm joining Kathleen for {Mindful Mondays} -- a good starting place for the week and a nifty way to document what I am...

Reading: At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon, still. My Bible, still. And this blog.

Listening to: my new Chris Rice CD :)

Studying: still researching essential oils using this book

Creating: sweet pea and lavender soaps are curing, honeysuckle scented soy candles have been poured, and secret yarn projects are being worked on as time permits. [soaps & candles coming to the shop soon!]

Cooking: a home-grown chicken (6.5 pds) was cooked in the crockpot on Saturday providing lots of shredded chicken for this week's lunches and dinners; homemade bone broth is simmering away on the stove.

Educating: talking about MLK today, enjoying short stories this week in our literature class, and starting new writing assignments; Daniel will be researching and writing about Enrico Fermi, and AnnaLynn's paper will be on composer Joseph Haydn. 

Feeling: happy that I'm meeting Jessica for coffee in BG this morning and that granddaughter #2's due date is just 3 weeks away! 

Thinking: how blessed we are and how good we have it!

Praying for: endurance for my daughter-in-law through the final weeks of her pregnancy!

Thankful for: spending Sunday afternoon at Shirley's (Dan's mom) house and for friends who are ok with us dropping by on our way home... I love Sundays. :)

...and before I go, did you catch the Seahawks yesterday? Unbelievable! Superbowl plans are in the works. :)

What are you mindful of today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are in a great place Lisa. I'll keep your daughter in law in my prayers for a safe delivery of grandbaby #2. And how about that Seattle win yesterday? That was amazing. What a great game to watch. I'm so looking forward to the Superbowl now that them and our Patriots are playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Donna! It's going to be a good game! :)
      Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. a second baby? how wonderful! enjoy your day dear friend, mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your prayers, they're very coveted right now! <3 It's actually more like two weeks until I'm due (thank goodness) ;) Have a great time with Jess, that will be so nice for both of you. I keep meaning to tell you that I was considering reading the Mitford series myself, as a friend recommended them to me, and was surprised to see them on your blog! I might have to pick one up sometime. :)

    Love,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the entire Mitford series, so you are welcome to them any time...light reading, but a wonderful escape to small town Americana that I bet you'd love. :) xo

      Delete
  4. Mmm...I bet those soaps smell delicious! Sounds like your week is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also fascinated by essential oils, I'll have to check out the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... I really enjoyed the peek into your day. Homemade soap - wonderful! Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a lot of lovely things for you! so glad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...