Monday, January 26, 2015

Mindful Monday #4














Once again I'm joining Kathleen for {Mindful Mondays} -- a good starting place for the week and a nifty way to document what I am...

Reading: is much the same... At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon, still. My Bible, still. And the latest copies of Mother Earth News and World magazines.

Listening to: Humanities lectures by Dr. Grant, the Scriptures via this link, and the glorious sound of my kiddos playing a duet on the piano (Nocturne by Adolph Jensen)

Studying: theology with Daniel using David Hagopian's Back to Basics and still researching essential oils using this book.

Creating: soy candles, soaps, a sweet wee beanie in brown to go with a wee cardi that I'm working up in a larger size for my dear friend's baby. :)

Cooking: last week's chicken-in-a-crockpot provided for several days' lunches (chicken salad sandwiches) as well as one of my favorite salads. :) This week's menu includes taco salad/nachos, chicken noodle soup (with last week's homemade broth!), beef stew, and homemade pizza.

Educating: biographical essays are still in the works (Daniel: Enrico Fermi, AnnaLynn: Joseph Haydn). I should add that we're studying US government this year...Daniel will be of age to vote for our next president!

Feeling: overwhelmed a bit that tax time is here...I have three weeks to have all our paperwork to our CPA.

Thinking: how thankful I am that we have a CPA we completely trust and that I don't have to do our taxes!

Praying for: endurance for my daughter-in-law through the final weeks of her pregnancy! Wisdom in raising kids who are not really kids anymore.

Thankful for: a warm, sunny Saturday in January, the promise of daffodils, deer (even though they ate my rhododendrons), spending Sunday afternoon with friends after church, a delicious meal and great conversation. Have I mentioned that I love Sundays?

Go Seahawks!

What are you mindful of today?

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

6 comments:

  1. I always love watching deer. Looks like you've had a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice that you can make all those gifts! :) we are expecting about a foot of snow here! :))) I baked bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know where to start! Guess the beginning... love the photo of your kiddos with the sheet music. I used to play piano but had the hardest time reading the notes like that. That little hat is too cute and I love the soy candles. Your salad is looking pretty good right about now! And the deer... they're so pretty!

    I remember the last weeks of all my babes pregnancies. It can be a tough time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying that your d-in-law is healthy and well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your daughter in law is doing well! :) Will be praying for her. Also I like the Seahawks shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your prayers! Any time is what the midwife is saying... I'm on call for b-sitting Miss Charlotte, so my bag is packed for Grandma duty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...