Friday, April 24, 2015

on my mind...

So.

There's a lot going on around the world and a lot of it is not so happy. Do you watch the news? Do you listen to the radio? Read the paper or news websites? Sometimes I think I shouldn't and, in fact, often stick my head in the sand (avoid the news) for a few days just to escape the constant barrage of gruesomeness. It makes me worry...and I shouldn't.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
 for tomorrow will worry about it's own things.
 Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:34

There's this:

Ethiopians

Which you can read about here. Nope, I'm not sharing any videos.

His face. The man on his knees in the center. His brow. My heart is gripped by the reality that our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world are dying, are being tortured, burned, are being held prisoner, kidnapped, drownedraped, used as sexual slaves -- even young girls. Convert or die. And this is "peace"? Crazy.

Ann recently visited Iraq and shared about it here. One of my nieces recently returned from an extended time of ministry in Iraq (you can read about her time there here). While I am thankful for these and so many others who can overcome their fears to venture into dangerous places, I am glad they are both home...safe. I am not that brave.

One who is not home or safe is Pastor Saeed Abedini. Will you join me in praying for him?

pray without ceasing... 
I Thessalonians 5:17

Please, won't you join me in praying? Praying for our brothers and sisters? For genuine peace? 

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly
 above all that we ask or think, 
according to the power that works in us,
 to Him be glory in the church
 by Christ Jesus to all generations,
 forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

I know this post isn't "happy" -- it just seems immensely hypocritical to ignore what is happening around the world. I just can't hold it in any longer, and I offer no apology.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. I am not brave either Lisa. I do not watch the news, but my Mike does so I kind of hear it in the back ground. I will join you in prayer, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we are happy in Jesus not in what the world does! It is hard to hear of Christians being martyred; how brave and how great their love is for Christ! No matter what happens, may we be found worthy to love Christ to the end as they did. (I'm scared too but I must say that the Christian martyrs give courage).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Elizabeth! They give me courage, too! :)

      Delete
  3. Amen! I do hear the news in the background in the mornings but I'm usually getting ready to leave the house so I don't pay much attention. I think it would be overwhelming. Let's continue to pray for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in our hearts and prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying... always praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, ladies, for joining me in prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...