Monday, April 20, 2015

Productivity...













I'm hoping to return to my usual mindful Monday posting, but the weather was so glorious this weekend that I thought I'd just share how I filled my time...

iced coffee: strong coffee, ice, a little milk, and some stevia -- perfection!
lots of stitching on Tucker's 2nd cardi (one sleeve is almost done!)
thoroughly enjoyed the intoxcating fragrance of apple blossoms
laughed at our hens
wished I had a better lens to capture a hummingbird
drove up a logging road to photograph my AnnaLynn in Silverstar and Rose City
stitched two baptismal cloths for Sunday morning baptisms...I always cry at baptisms :)
enjoyed Saturday dinner, a bonfire & a glass of good wine with the kids and grands :)
transplanted seedlings
dinner Sunday with good friends, final planning of our church's Ladies' Brunch coming up May 2!
a stop at the Yacolt library to pick up new books and a few videos...you can visit, too! Yep, that's our small town of Yacolt at the beginning of the video. :)



It certainly was a productive weekend, but I assure you it was low-key, relaxed, non-rushed, and purely refreshing. How was your weekend?

Joining Karen. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. The flowers in bloom are so pretty and the finished knits look great on your model.
    Also loving that shade of brown for your current knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that brown a nice one? It's KP's Cotlin line in "brown sugar" -- a dk weight that's super nice for warmer weather. Thanks for the kind words, Darcel. :)

      Delete
  2. Silverstar is gorgeous! I can't wait for that pattern to come out :-)
    I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna - you are sweet! :)

      Delete
  3. Your daughter is beautiful Lisa and I love seeing her model you knits. My apple tree is just about done blooming and I am now on the look out to see how many apples I will have to guard. Do you have squirrels there? I have to not only watch out for the deer, but the squirrels too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a cutie to me for sure, Tracey. :) Yes, we do have squirrels (as well as other forest critters). We have fences around our fruit trees to keep the deer out, but nothing to keep the squirrels away. What do you do?

      Delete
    2. Yell at them as they run across my yard with my fruit! LOL

      Delete
  4. what a special time! love those photo opt knit wear pix! Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is so pretty! I love seeing the hand knits and the view in the background is so beautiful! You are so blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa, for the kind words. We are indeed blessed to live in a beautiful area surrounded by miles and miles of forest and mountains which make for lovely backdrops to many of my photos. :)

      Delete
  6. Such a nice way to spend the weekend! Your daughter is becoming such a lovely woman...just like her mama ;D mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. my gram would cry at baptisms, holy communions and confirmations :) Lovely daughter and beautiful modeling. Gorgeous knits as well, life is GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always cry too! At anything really, even ads on TV - hopeless! We just had ANZAC Day here in Australia - the ANZAC services always make me cry.
    Love the knits - wow - and those gorgeous mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...