Wednesday, April 29, 2015

tending my yarn garden...





Knitting:  It's been a productive knitting week for me! Tucker's cardigan is finally off the needles, and I found the perfect buttons to go with it which made me super happy. Linnea's shrug is also complete (more cute buttons!), and Charlotte's matching shrug is well on it's way...  Locksley's shrug is almost done, too!  And the yellow is a scarfette I created as a gift for my sweet mother-in-law's birthday. :)

Reading: I picked up a few new books from the library (more WWII) and can't decide which to read first.  I'm almost finished with book #5 of the Mitford series (A New Song), and will put off starting #6 until I finish The Help  and my library books. Any recommendations on which I should read first? Btw, did you see the video tour of our small-town library that I shared last week? Scroll to the bottom of the post and take a look...it's cute, it's charming!

Looking forward to seeing what you've been knitting and reading, my friends!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

PS: Some of my links are associate links. If you click and make a purchase, I will receive a couple pennies for providing the link. Thanks for your support! :)

16 comments:

  1. OMG Lisa, you have been busy. I love the scarfette you created for your mother in law, very pretty.
    I think you should read The Postmistress first and then let us know what you think, it's one I've looked at so am curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy, yes but small projects (especially ones for the granddaughters) come off the needles quickly! :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the button shopping is most of the fun! So may pretty projects Lisa. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the things you design, that scarfette is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of beautiful knits and colours here! lovely! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that yellow scarf! I saw Death Comes to Pemberly on Masterpiece - it's very silly, and I'm not a big fan of faux Jane. I'd go with the Postmistress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's two votes for The Postmistress...

      Delete
  6. The scarf is beautiful. Let us know what you think of Death Comes to Pemberley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if I get to it before it has to be returned :)

      Delete
  7. you are a busy knitting beaver, or a knitting bee, anyways, lovely projects and I'm sure whatever you start reading will be good.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy! all of your knitting is beautiful - love that color blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yellow scarfette is gorgeous! The color, the pattern, and it looks so delicate.

    p.s.
    I'm not sure what kind of trees those are in the park. I looked them up but couldn't find anything.
    They do make the park though! They're so majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love if you would share that scarfette pattern - just what I have been looking for - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind encouragement! I will be in touch with you as soon as the pattern is ready,
      xo Lisa

      Delete
  11. I really love that little scarf for your mother in law. I'm kind of in mourning over my relationship with mine right now, and am a little jealous of people who have good relationships with their mothers in law.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...