Monday, May 4, 2015

mindful monday #10 -- the Kentucky Derby edition :)







{Mindful Mondays}
a good starting place for the week
and a nifty way to document what I am...

Reading: Somewhere in France, my Bible, and World magazine.

Listening to: old Susan Ashton cds and a fun new 70s/80s station I found on the radio dial :)

Studying: how to make herbal oil infusions, logic with Anna, theology with Danny...the learning never ends!

Creating: AnnaLynn and I both picked out patterns and fabric for sewing stylish new skirts for the warmer days ahead, working on mother's day knits to gift, and knitting for my granddaughters (always, it seems!).

Menu planning: dinners this week include salads, grilled chicken and brats, and homemade pizza.

Thinking about: how close we are to finishing school for the year, that next year will be Daniel's senior year (where did the years go?), about summer projects around the house and homestead.

Praying for: friends who are struggling with chronic pain, a friend who has cancer, for the persecuted church, for earthquake victims in Nepal, for Baltimore, for true peace.

Thankful: for the new-to-us vehicle we bought late last month, for better gas mileage, for technology (newer cars are amazing), and for our old truck that, despite being difficult to shift, gets the job done when I need a yard of soil or wood chips. :)

Delighting in: my AnnaLynn's love of horses and how she has looked forward to watching the Kentuck Derby for weeks now, something that's become a tradition for us even though we aren't (other than Anna, that is) horse people. She's hoping for a triple crown this year, just like every year. :)

Praising God for a new week and wishing you a happy Monday,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

9 comments:

  1. I am hoping for a Triple Crown this year too! We had a great time watching the race this past weekend with my parents. Have a wonderful week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope that the friends you are praying for find good health and relief! Lovely photo of your girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely launch into the new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This school year just went, didn't it? I feel like we just started. Hey two seniors next year, although it's a little bittersweet since Alex is my last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear what your plans for Alex's senior year are, Tracey. :)

      Delete
  5. So fun! I didn't get to watch the Kentucky Derby this year. But was able to tour the Belmont which was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My AnnaLynn would be so jealous! She hopes to visit all three of the Triple Crown tracks one day. :)

      Delete
  6. I can't remember the last time I watched the Kentucky Derby....I bet my kids would find it fascinating.
    The world is falling apart isn't it? The latest events are heartbreaking.
    Prayers and good thoughts for your friend.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, friends, for your prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...