How fun is this? Recently I was nominated by Cathie at Cathie's Craftworks for the One Lovely Blog Award -- thanks, Cathie! So sweet of you. :) Cathie is a blogger and private math tutor who enjoys crocheting, quilting, knitting, crafting, baking, and reading; she and her husband make their home on Long Island in New York state. I've never been to New York state or anywhere in New England north of Pennsyvania... maybe someday!
The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow, mostly newer, bloggers that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are "lovely" and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also.In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you & link back to them in your post
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award
- I live deep in the Cascade Foothills of SW Washington state surrounded by miles and miles of Douglas Fir (which makes for easy access to firewood and terrific stargazing since we are far from the city lights!)
- I was born in Braddock, PA, and am fond of all things Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania; in fact, two years ago when we visited there, I cried when I saw the "Welcome to Pennsylvania" sign!
- I am mom to five and Baba to two (so far); besides being a wife, there is nothing I would rather do with my time than be a mom and grandma :)
- My knitting (and/or crocheting) goes with me pretty much everywhere; I enjoy creating lovely things for my granddaughters as well as making up my own patterns; whenever I have free time, I'm usually knitting if I'm not out in the garden :)
- I was the fastest kid at the Vashon Island elementary school while in the sixth grade (yes, even faster than the boys) and was a "track star" (ha!) in middle school and jr. high where, for years, I held a record for the 220 (does that age me, or what?!!); my fastest time was 27.7 which isn't so fast by today's standards, but at 14, I dreamt of the Olympics... LOL! High school track brought me to reality and I quit. Wish I hadn't... :)
- We have homeschooled for almost 23 years now which means that, including my years in school and college, so far I've spent 37 years in school...good thing I enjoy it!
- I tend toward melancholy and have to work, to purpose, in fact, to be joyful, thankful, and happy; I named my blog "Happy" in Dole Valley because, really, who would want to read, "Melancholy" in Dole Valley? Ha!
- Ranee @ Arabian Knits -- Ranee is a fellow Washingtonian who knits and crochets and writes lovely patterns!
- Karen @ Moments with Mother Culture -- Karen is an author who lives in Amish country in Pennsylvania; her books, like her blog, are a balm to the homeschooling mom's soul. :)
- Jayne @ Adventures at Tiny Toadstool Cottage -- Jayne knits, blogs, and farms in the land down under!
- Herrick @ The Deliberate Agrarian -- Herrick is an entrepreneur and author who blogs, gardens, and sells American made clothespins from his home in New York state. He writes about the economy and history and is a good source for agrarian and self-sufficiency encouragement.
- Izzy @ The Compound -- Izzy is a mom who blogs, gardens, and raises pigs, chickens, and rabbits somewhere in sunny Florida!
- Maria @ The Gentle Art of Living Slowly -- Maria is an amazing seamstress, a long-time blogger, and is momma to three; this sweet lady lives in my homestate!
- Sarah @ Gentle Home -- Another Pennsylvanian! Sarah doesn't post super often, but she's a sweet lady who knits and gardens and homeschools her sweeties. I met Sarah through a blogswap!
- Darcel @ The Mahogany Way -- Darcel is an amazing woman raising and unschooling her three sweet children somewhere in Virginia; Darcel is also a talented knitter!
- Shara @ Mama's Mission -- Oh my, I think I "met" Shara when I very first started blogging! She's a woman on a mission who creates lovely things with yarn and cooks up a storm in North Carolina :)
- Melissa @ Melissa Marie Knits -- Melissa is a lovely 17 year old senior who I've recently become acquainted with; she's a sweet young lady who enjoys good books, knitting, blogging, and creating artsy memory books and scrapbook pages. Melissa lives in New York and recently completed knitting her very first sweater!
Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)