Wednesday, May 6, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



Reading: In addition to my Bible, The Help, and Mitford #6, I've begun Somewhere in France. I know I wasn't going to start a new book before finishing my other reading, but I couldn't help myself. Of course, Bible reading is never done, so it doesn't count. :)

Knitting: The white up above is a another shrug, only this time it's for my AnnaLynn to go with a fancy dress she'll be wearing when she plays violin in a small strings trio for a wedding this weekend! It's her first paid "gig" as well as a special occasion, so, of course she needs a special knit, right? I searched Ravelry for shrug patterns using worsted weight and found this one which I'm modifying for the sake of getting it done (doesn't need to be quite so long). I have until Saturday...

Other projects that are all finished up and gifted (or are soon to be) include:

Tucker's Cardigan...

Locksley's Shrug (unblocked, but oh well)...

Matching shrugs for my sweet grandbabies...

(the color is more true in the above photo than in the one below)

Linnea's bonnet (which turned out a little on the big size)

And another scarfette!


Ravelry notes are here. :)  Lots of wee knits make it easy to keep them flying off the needles; I'm actually a slow knitter and am ok with that since I enjoy the process so much!

What's on your needles?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. How exciting that AnnaLynn is being paid to play! That does deserve a special hand knit. The knits for the grandbabies are so pretty. I love that blue yarn! Tucker's little set is precious. Have a wonderful week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shrugs are so cute! My niece is expecting a girl in September. Now I want to make one for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shrugs. And the baby bonnet. Or maybe it's the chubby cheeks I'm smitten by. ;^) My hat is off to you - knitting a shrug for a wedding this weekend. I hope you get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Help is such a great read, I recently read it a couple weeks ago. :) The white shurg sounds beautiful I can't wait to see the finished project! Also your grandbabies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are wonderful. The shrugs are so cute...but I really like the scarfette. I agree with Melissa...the babies are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, there are so many lovely hand knits here, I don't know where to begin to compliment you. They are all so scrumcious the yarn and patterns and recipients. Lovely yarn garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa - You've been busy making so many beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! for being a self-called slow knitter you sure make a lot of beautiful knits!! :) all the best with the new white shrug project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa you are a knitting machine! love the shrugs and that hat is beyond adorable and so are all of your models :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shrugs and beautifully modelled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...