Tuesday, May 19, 2015

tending my yarn garden...






Oh my, has it really been two weeks?

When I last posted (here), I was feverishly working on a shrug for AnnaLynn and am happy to report that I did, in fact, finish in time as evidenced by the above photos. :)  I plan to (someday) make her another; this one turned out perfectly except for being a tad wide across the back.

The green project is a Brennan Cardi that I'm making as a Christmas gift for someone special. :)  I don't know if it's just me, but I had a hard time keeping track of the different instructions for which rows to do the button holes (every 16), on which to do short rows (every 6), and when to do decreases and then increases (every 8). I wound up writing out all the rows and what to do on each all the way through stopping to knit the sleeves (the pattern is knit from the bottom up). I think I've got it figured out now and am looking forward to pulling this project out from time to time. Christmas is a long way off, so I'm not in a hurry. The yarn is KPs Gloss (70% merino, 30% silk) which is simply wonderful to work with.

Reading has been slow due to busy days. The latest Mother Earth News arrived recently, but I haven't had a chance to peek inside yet.

Looking forward to catching up with all my Yarn Along friends!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

18 comments:

  1. Lisa, I always enjoy coming to visit you in this space.
    The shrug turned out great and looks beautiful on your daughter. I would like to make shrugs for myself and daughters this year.
    I like that shade of green yarn...that is a color I don't often knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shrug, and that dress is lovely as well. I used to get Mother Earth News - love it. But too expensive to get it in Australia. I just look on their website now, although I do prefer a physical book or magazine. I am planning to look for that book at the library when they re-open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks so lovely! that shrug is prefect with that dress and for her! somethings things are so busy that we don't have a lot of reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shrug! And you made that in Lily Sugar n Cream? I think I might make one for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Lisa, it is not just you, I have to write everything out so I can keep track too.
    Your sweet girl is beautiful and the shrug looks so pretty on her.
    I hope you are enjoying some time outside and the deer are leaving
    your plants alone. I am keeping a close watch on my grapes, so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our deer have thankfully found greener pastures and haven't bothered my plants for a while, other than my purple coneflower, that is. The price to pay for living in the forest, I guess. :)

      Delete
  6. The shrug was a real delight and looked beautiful on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shrug and the photo of your daughter :) lovely green yarn! I think I have yarn envy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks super cute in her shrug. I usually have to copy the pattern so I can scribble all over it in my own way of deciphering things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that shrug looks SO beautiful on your girl! You know, it is usually the maker of something that is the only one to notice if something is "a tad wide across the back"! It looks wonderful to me and so nice on her. So happy to have found you via Ginny's blog. I'll have to do some more poking around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my world, Nicole. :) Happy to meet you!

      Delete
  10. Shrug looks great. That's a good pattern, the way the sides curve down to the bottom hem and don't leave any corners to curl. Curious to know what you think of Somewhere in France. I love ANYTHING (almost) about that era. Hope you get some down time to enjoy some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the shrug looks pretty darn perfect to me!!! Talk about over achiever, though.....a Christmas sweater already on the needles? Giving the rest of us a real guilt trip here!!!

    Verdict still out on cotlin for socks....I gave them to my friend and she immediately put them on and said they felt GREAT, but we'll see how they behave after a few washings. I'll try to remember to let you know if she tells me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! I'll try to remember to ask you about those socks. I love working with Cotlin and am thinking it would make a great pair of baby socks. :)

      Delete
  12. The shrug looks beautiful.
    I write out complicated patterns too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling shrug!! It turned out great on AnnaLynn! And that pattern you're working on now is really darling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life moves very fast once Spring arrives :0) as always, your daughter looks just lovely :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah your daughter looks gorgeous in her new shrug! Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...