Friday, June 19, 2015

something to make her smile :)

It's been two weeks, but I'm posting nonetheless because this made my girl smile...









A little blurry, but that's ok! Not that we're all huge horse-racing fans, but AnnaLynn's excitement was contagious, and we all joined her in celebrating 'cause that's what family does. :)

Congrats to American Pharoah!!

PS: Thanks so, so much for all the well-wishes and prayers for Anna; she's doing much better and being rather cooperative with the grain & dairy free thing so far. I did allow her a small dish of good yogurt this morning (cultured, low sugar, high probiotic) which I hope will be a blessing to her. She was craving it, and a momma has to follow her instincts, right? Snack suggestions are welcome...

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your girl smiled. I am not a horse person either, but one of my daughter in loves is a horse trainer and now Emerson is all about anything horse.
    Have you tried coconut yogurt? That might be a good option.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she is feeling better with the new diet. Although it does take a while for adjustment to occur. I have just started making milk kefir - maybe that would be OK? It is touted as a drinking yoghurt substitute but the taste takes a bit of getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Anna is feeling better. I'm definitely not grain or dairy free, but I still enjoy the 21 Day Sugar Detox book and various Paleo books from the library (I can't remember all their names). The reason is, these books force me to build my meals around a protein and vegetable(s). I might have a slice of homemade soaked bread as a side, but it's not the primary part of the meal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...