Tuesday, July 21, 2015

recycled yarn project update!
{tending my summer yarn garden}




It's been a couple weeks since I've shared my recycled yarn project [Ravelry], and with just two weeks to go before the fair, I figured I'd better share to keep up my enthusiasm and to give my attention to this project a nudge. It's coming along, and I just love the yarn (it's 55% cotton, so it's super soft). Since it's a moebius, I had to buy a 47" cable needle, this according to Cat Bordhi's excellent tutorial on you tube (which you can watch here).

Have you ever knit a moebius? Not me. Until now, that is. :) I found Cat's awesome video and was quickly on my way to moebius happiness. And just in case you're wondering...

"A Möbius strip made with a piece of paper and tape. If an ant were to crawl along the length of this strip, it would return to its starting point having traversed the entire length of the strip (on both sides of the original paper) without ever crossing an edge." [with thanks to Wikipedia]
I'm about three-fourths of the way through Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good  and wish I had more time for some lazy-day summer reading. Did you know another new Mitford novel will be released this fall?!!

Joining Ginny -- looking forward to seeing what you've all been knitting and reading :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

9 comments:

  1. Your yarn does look so soft Lisa and in one of my favorite colors too.
    I have not knit a Mobius, but I do remember watching the video a few years ago to
    learn the technique. I adore Cat, she is such a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Lisa! You've inspired me to keep my eyes open for sweaters at the thrift store that i could recycle for yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is gorgeous. I did NOT know about the next Mitford novel and I am thrilled to know it. Mitford is one of those books and places you just want to jump into and visit.

    And thanks for increasing my knowledge. I had no idea about a Möbius strip. Not that I may remember, but I love learning trivia.

    Happy day! Coming by from Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I did not know about the new mitford book also! yay!!! I have been reading Elizabeth Goudge a lot lately - if you like Mitford then you should read her as well! happy knitting, that yarn looks great! My Oma often knit with recycled yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful recycled yarn! I go into thrift stores on the look out but so far nothing good....I think it's the area I live in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done Cat Bohrdi's moebius and it was fun! Great technique. Now that I think about it, I gave that away. I need to go do another one! I like how your re-purposed yarn is working. It looks real soft too (a must for a moebius).

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a neat thing, never heard of it. May have to put it on my list of to do's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your recycled yarn project is fun to watch! I keep meaning to knit a moebius cowl of some sort and just haven't done it yet.

    I didn't realize that a new Mitford book was coming out, how fun! I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cowl. I love when someone other than a math person references a Mobius strip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...