Tuesday, July 7, 2015

summertime beanie knitting & snow treasure...





It's summertime and already July, and if you're like me, you may be thinking of Christmas. I've added to my gift stash with two more beanies (!!) and am pretty happy that the yarn (KP's swish (pink) and wool of the andes (blue) was leftover from prior projects which means FREE. :)

Another of my WWII-themed reads this year, Snow Treasure  is:
...an exciting, suspenseful tale of Norwegian children and their contributions to protecting their town's gold during the German occupation in 1940. Convinced that the Germans will try to steal their town's considerable wealth of gold bouillon from the banks, the townsmen decide that it must be removed. Since a group of adults can't remove the gold without the Germans finding out, the townsmen develop a daring plan involving the children.
One of my favorite read-alouds from when my kids were younger; we have a copy on our bookshelf, but I found this edition at the library, and, out of nostalgia, had to check it out. Other reading includes the latest Mitford which I'm about halfway through. Bedtime reading has been slow as I tend to nod off quickly these days (which is a good thing).

My county fair project is coming along -- wish I had taken a photo to share. Guess I'll  have to keep you in suspense. Summer blogging is slow, hope you don't mind. The garden, the river, and the kids are all keeping me busy, and I think that's just the way it's supposed to be in the summertime!

Btw, did you notice that my blue beanie matches the beanie on the book cover? Funny how something so simple can be such a delight. :)

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. I think about Christmas several times a week, it will be here soon, really it will.
    Love the beanies Lisa and seeing them reminds me I need to add a few to my list.
    There is a copy of Snow Treasure on my shelf too, it's a great read .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So organised - really must start some planning for Christmas! I love Snow Treasure. Cannot wait to see your county fair project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, time to think Christmas for sure! :) lovely hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I love that you matched the book cover!!! Yep.....those are the things that bring smiles!! j:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to chuckle at your picture -- so wintery! But glad that you are enjoying summer with your kids. That is the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. once the wedding is done and over, I'll be focusing on the holiday knits. I love the hats and the texture of the stitches. Never heard of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute beanies! And the Snow Treasure sounds fun. I'll have to look for that. I could use some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super beanies and I am sure they will be well received.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...