Monday, July 13, 2015

welcome to my weekend...
{Amboy Log Show}

We live in the forest...this is logging country. And on the second Saturday of July, you'll find us at the Amboy Log Show! It's tradition. :)





















It's five hours of fun watching real-life loggers compete to see whose chainsaw is fastest and who has the best balance. It's also a great way to get in five hours of knitting. :)

Joining Karen.

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

8 comments:

  1. Now that looks like so much fun Lisa. I've seen logging on tv and when we had a few acres cut from our land, but it was nothing like you experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mess with any of those guys! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to look forward to the shows that happen during this time. I'm so glad your family had such a good time. Here is dairy and sheep country :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! may these traditions be long lived! lovely knitting also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that looks like a really nice time!! I want to believe I could balance on a moving log but in reality I probably could not...but it's nice to daydream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really fun! I smiled a lot to see all these crazy men doing crazy stuff with crazy tools! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to a few forestry shows but never seen chainsawing over water before! Great that you got some knitting in as well. My dad sent us a DVD recently of a show called Timber Kings. They log and build some amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, thanks for sharing your day! I grew up in N. Idaho in logging country, (my first accident involved a logging truck ). It brought back lots of fun childhood memories of going to Lumberjack Days. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...