Tuesday, September 22, 2015

hello!



Hello!

It's been a while, I know...

Life is funny sometimes -- a whirlwind of days that flow one into another. Time passes and before you know it, the weeks have flown by and you wonder where the time went!

Among other things, the past seven weeks have been filled with relaxing late summer adventures (a week at the Oregon coast being a highlight!), preparations for the new school year, and, yes, even sad good-byes. The contrast and flood of emotions has been overwhelming at times. My Daniel is a senior this year which just doesn't seem possible. Exciting yet bittersweet. Jess & Zack are back in Europe and are enjoying Scotland, the next chapter in their happy story, yet for this mama, I just have to say that I miss my girl. And now that we're almost a month into lessons and fall is upon us, I figured I'd better jump back in here or it might never happen. I've kept up via Bloglovin and am excited to stop by and see what everyone's been up to. :)

Reading:

I slowly read To Kill a Mockingbird in August, feeling the need to reread it before taking on the sequel (currently on my nightstand with a bookmark stuck somewhere in the middle of the first chapter). Fervent is a book I picked up after seeing the movie War Room which I liked enough to see twice. Prayer is a mighty tool in the hand of every Christian, and who couldn't use a little encouragement in this area? So far I'm loving this book and highly recommend it.

Knitting:

The gorgeous yarn pictured above is KPs Stroll Fingering in the Inverness colorway -- destined to become another mobius. Summer knitting included new Pumpkin Patch Beanies for my sweet grandbabies, Charlotte & Linnea!




These girls make my heart sing!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

24 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lisa...look at those eyes :0) my Sebastian is now a senior also, and I'll be done with home schooling! and I turned 50 this year...well, this year is truly amazing :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will get through this final year for your boys together! :) AnnaLynn is a sophomore this year, so I still have a couple years to go 'til my homeschool teacher career draws to a close. Welcome to 50! I'll be 52 in about another month...
      xo

      Delete
  2. yes, life is full of these changes... glad that they are not changes due to sorrow! lovely reading and knitting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Well, the sorrow of good-byes... But at least they are not forever goodbyes, right? :) Thanks for the kind words, Elizabeth!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Hi there old friend! I am thrilled to see you here, it makes me so happy.
    It's a shame we are on opposite side of the country, our lives seem to be paralleling each others and we would have so much to talk about over a cup of tea and some knitting.
    Love those sweet babes and those hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey. Would love to do the same and think we, perhaps, should try for a virtual get-together sometime. :) It's nice to be back!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Oh My Goodness, just love the beanies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izzy! So nice to hear from you, my friend. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to at the Compound. :)
      xo

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Miss you, too. :) Looking forward to skyping tomorrow morning! xo

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to see you posting again! I've wondered what kept you away and I'm glad it was mostly relaxing things. Love the knitting, those hats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ranee. :) Yes, mostly relaxing things... Some basic life type of things, but mostly relaxing and joy filled!

      Delete
  7. Just wanted to say a quick "Hello!" Love the hats! They are super cute (so are your granddaughters)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Erica! :) Good to hear from you...I'm popping over to say hello to you, too. Blessings!

      Delete
  8. What sweet girls in their pumpkin hats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Being a grandma is such a joy!

      Delete
  9. Following you, via Mari, from SW England. I read that you enjoy the Mitford books, some of our favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitford is a favorite, indeed. :) Welcome!

      Delete
  10. Those little pumpkins in the pumpkin hats are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words! :)

      Delete
  11. I've been thinking of you often knowing you were saying goodbyes just like me and Tracey. I hope their time there goes quickly!! My daughter and son in law are safe in SB and settling in. I hope to visit them sometime next year. Lovely hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. :) We are planning a visit to Scotland late spring or early in the summer, LW. Thanks for visiting and saying hi!
      xo

      Delete
  12. I'm sure you must miss your daughter. What part of Scotland has she moved to? My cousin and her family live in Edinburgh. My cousin's husband is a youth worker at a church there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in Edinburgh; my son in law is doing his post doc at the university there! Small world! We hope to visit next spring or summer, Lord willing. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...