Wednesday, September 30, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



My Inverness mobius has taken a back seat to baby shower gifts this week, as you can see from the picture...not a lot of progress. I did cast on and was able to complete the first several rows. If you've not tried a mobius before, Cat Bourdi's you tube tutorial makes it easy (thanks, Cat!). In it she describes the looped cable needle after casting on as sort of like a railroad track which goes nicely with the cover of my book...

I'm about halfway through Go Set a Watchman and wish I had more time in the day to just finish it. Having reached the part where Scout's world changes, I'm eager to find out how the story ends. Have any of you read it? Please don't give anything away, just curious whether any of you liked it, as I've read such mixed reviews.



Gloriously warm and sunny days this week have provided the perfect setting for outdoor dining, knitting, and reading. In fact, I spent the entire afternoon on my back porch yesterday and didn't come in until the sun slipped behind the trees leaving me in the cool shade. :)

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley -- to join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

20 comments:

  1. oh, I love to knit for baby showers, fast and quick knitting unless you decide on a blanket. Hopefully you'll be back to your regular knitting in no time at all. We finally have rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy this wonderful fall weather!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE autumn!!!
    I liked the book a lot.....but, you must keep in mind when it was written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. What I remember hearing when I was a young girl in Pittsburgh makes me cringe... I am enjoying the book and hope to finish by the end of the week (just can't seem to put it down).
      Happy Fall, Steph!
      xo

      Delete
  3. How nice to eat AND knit outside! Smart!
    I want to read Go Set a Watchman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the beginning jarring and have not picked it up since. fun new knit! life is full and busy but God is with us and is GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I wanted to come back and tell you that we lived in Chehalis, Washington for our first five years of marriage. We had two of our babies there! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful area of the state! But what part of WA is not? We've been here most of our lives and for all of our 23 years of marriage. :)

      Delete
  6. What a nice afternoon, sounds like heaven to me! Baby shower gifts are so fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been knitting a lot of baby knits myself and had to put my hitofude aside to do them. Now I'm frantically finishing the sweater so I can take it with me to NY in two weeks. I haven't read the book yet and am curious. I"ve heard you either like it or you don't. No middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading several reviews (so I knew what I was getting in to), and now 2/3 of the way through, I'm coming down on the "like it" side. But I have to wait 'til the last page is read before I can give a final like or not.
      I think a hitofude is in my future (just bought it!). :)

      Delete
  8. That yarn! I love when the yarn and the book look so good together. I was just telling Tracey @ Clover how funny it is that none of us ever tire of saying, "Oh, what pretty yarn!" Kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done that cast on and I found it difficult at first but once I got into the groove I loved it. I haven't read Go Set A Watchmen yet. I am thinking about re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird and then reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did, reread TKAM first. Glad I did! :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, baby knits, how fun.
    I love Cat's and have watched that tutorial, she is a genius!
    I haven't read your book, and at first I didn't want to, but now I think I do, maybe. :)
    I love to sit outside and knit, lovely way to pass an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beautiful yarn and that book are a perfect match. I never get tired of the many shades of beautiful blue. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. baby shower gifts must be such fun to make :o) beautiful yarn dear lady... mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. That wool is a lovely colour :) It's been warm again here today, probably not enough to sit outside though but hopefully it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your lunch looks delicous! Haven't read that book yet...but intend too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read "Go Set A Watchman" yet. I just read "To Kill A Mockingbird" for the first time (don't know I never read it before) so perhaps I'll add Watchman to my list. Love the color of your wool.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...